No announcement yet.

Ever see one of these before????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The former owner made the push bar for moving it around. The original grill & top hood trim got ruined when his Suburban bent it all up with the snow plow lift cylinder so he made that thing. It came with the back filled with parts, including good pieces to replace what got bent.
    It'll probably just get historical vehicle plates, in Ohio they're $14 and are good for 50 years, you never have to renew them. Pulling it home was fun, guys would drive beside it for miles looking & pointing. One guy followed until I stopped for gas, he jumped out of his truck & asked questions for 15 minutes!

Comment

The Pinner's push bar is sitting outside the shop, hopefully someone will steal it! Concentrated Sunday on the front end. Got the grill, bumper, filler panel, & hood trim mocked up for a test fit. Now it looks more like a rebuild & less like a demo derby car!

Comment

Starting to look like an actual car again and not just a project. Got that small block ready yet? Is that a buggy on the passenger side? The headlamps look odd....

Comment

Originally posted by Beladona_13 View Post
          Starting to look like an actual car again and not just a project. Got that small block ready yet? Is that a buggy on the passenger side? The headlamps look odd....
          Yeah Christin that's an "Ocelot" fiberglass VW dune buggy. They actually designed these things to take either a VW or Corvair engine, but most ended up with a VW Bug engine & chassis. The Ocelot was created by a guy who broke away from Myers-Manx & quickly became popular, but money troubles limited production to only 250 bodies. I have found several online, but this one is the only one so far that the original removable fiberglass roof survived. I got this from Hoodlum Rocky.

No engine ready yet for the Pinner... working on a deal with R U INJRD to buy a 327 he has partially rebuilt & plenty of donor engines here at home too. Although I did see a 454 reasonable the other day... who knows? LOL

Comment

I thought that might be an Ocelot! I read about them on the Samba. I think I have a picture of one in my "Big Book of Kit Cars". I've been a VW nut for years. Seems there's more than a few of us that have air-cooled V-dubs AND Hearses.
            454 would definitely haul that big ol' wagon around. Come to think of it, that might be an easy way to give it a hot rod rake!

Oh, and btw... congrats on the rare buggy too! Looks good!

Comment

I used to have a thoroughbred motorcars car

Comment

With the pinner in the shop that seems to fill it up pretty well. It is looking much better with the bright work on the front.

Comment

Man that car is cool looking, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Very little progress this week, although the parts to build it are trickling in. Earlier this week I traded off the ex-girlfriend's engagement ring for a freshly rebuilt 350 Chevy engine... even-up. Thank you Craigslist!!! It's home now & very impressive, especially when you can trade off something useless for something good. This engine has many performance parts... but i'll tear down the top end just to check it over & change a few things. I want one of the new Comp Cams "street thumpr" cams to give it that rough, lumpy idle. Already has a lot of chrome goodies, billet timing cover, Pete Jackson gear drive, bored, cammed up, flat tops, Carter AFB carb, etc. but the intake has to go. It's a spread-bore & i'm not a fan of adapter plates. No biggie though it's a relief to not have to pay the machine shop bills for once!
                    When this all started I was set on rebuilding the '66 ambulance first... but honestly I love that one as-is with the dents, scratches, & worn appearance. It's a blast to drive & proved itself as a great driver this past summer. That being said this winter the focus has shifted to the Pinner. Next summer it will still look as rough as it does now, but underneath & under the hood will be all new & ready to roll! (Also have a bunch of goodies ordered to replace all the busted up chrome in the front & around the tail lights/tailgate) it'll be a work in progress for a couple years to get it done, but then again they're never really done! Still on the fence on leaving in the gear drive, may go with a double roller timing chain instead. Here's what the engine looks like as delivered... it'll look a lot different when it goes under the hood. Will keep you all posted on progress, but right now it's hard to get much done working 7 days a week. You guys are really gonna like this one once it's all together.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                      You guys are really gonna like this one once it's all together.
                      No issues with "really gonna like this one", as that happened right from the start, but I am enjoying the updates & look forward to the finished outcome...

Comment

UPDATE: Got the frame & firewall sanded/painted... and the engine & tranny is in! Put in a 2500 stall & got the intakes swapped out. It is coming along nicely & this was my goal for the Thanksgiving holiday. Slapped on the B&M valve covers & block-hugger headers to make the mock-up look like it will when it's done. More updates soon!

Comment

Im surprised the people on the "other forum" are not out to get you for not finding a stock engine to drop inside it haha.

Comment

I hear ya, wouldn't matter though 'cause I build my stuff the way I want to LOL

Comment

haha I got bitched at on mine for having an aftermarket radio in it which it came to me with. Little do they know it came with rims on it as well as a few other mods. That is why I don't post pictures. They also push membership in the PCS above all else it seems... and if you don't have that you are treated differently. I've gotten like 5 emails with "Hey I noticed you are not in the PCS yet... here is an application! Have a good day." I also got one in the mail lol.

Comment

Looks great dwayne, glad to see you also had a good productive thanksgiving, I met my personal goal of getting paint on the 40 ford panel, and this weekend i layed the firewall back 5" on my wifes hot rod pick up it looks much better now.

Comment

Working...
                                X