• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, so cool.

Now I really miss my '64.

Comment

looks to be in pretty good shape.

Comment

Looks good. I have parts for the 63 & 64 Standard cadillacs. Alot of the parts fit the Commercial Chassis. I have a 63 M&M and a 63 Superior Hearse. Looks like your missing the rear door handle, but dont know what goes in the top holes on the door panels.

Comment

I really appreciate all the help!! i dont mind waiting im not in a hurry or anything, where abouts do you get them from?? Just wait until they come up and grab them?
          I wasnt sure if there might have been a place in over there that remakes alot of the parts as i know they do so with some parts for other cars but have never owned or known much about cadillacs especially hearses hahah

Comment

Some vintage Cadillac parts have been reproduced. Coach builder specific items>>>>>>>not so much. (Other than exterior scripted Eureka and Superior badges.) One of us will post a pic of what those missing interior badges looks like so you can keep an eye out on eBay.

These cars were tailored to suit when new and there is much variation. Just because another car has a difference doesn't mean yours did (or has to). I can see wanting to fill holes where missing items are but don't get all crazy! You have a beautiful coach that most here would love to own.

Comment

That is true, she is a great looking coach. If you don't have ant good yards in your area keep monitering the message boards. also keep an eye out on e-bay and craigslist.

Comment

Here's a couple pix of your coach before customs got ahold of it...

Comment

FOUND IT!!!

Here's the story & photos of your coach with all the drama at customs. They found some dirt in one of the rollers and this was the result. It had the snowflake enterior! Enjoy the pix & story... or cry when you see what they did to it...
                  Click this link = http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewt...21229&start=60

If the link doesn't work, it's on page 5, towards the bottom

In this one you can see one of your missing curtain rods

Comment

Unholy hell!

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for the link.

Comment

That is just sad.

Comment

Hi Matt, Good to see Ms lily travelled over to you fine.

There is no trim missing on the doors as it was us who was forced by customs to disassemble her on arrival. As you know we have some parts here for her that are yet to travel to you when you can organise it. The holes you mention are for the rods that hold her curtains. The fabric someone showed you above is the original trim and is still on the driver and passenger doors.

Cheers Karen and ken

Former owners of ms lily

PS Matt........pick up the phone Buddy and ask anything you like. Support and info about Ms lily freely given.........it doesnt end with the sale of the car.
                        Last edited by 59 hearse; 05-12-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                          99% sure that this coach is the one that customs totally destroyed inside when it was imported. There was a writeup on it somewhere (don't remember where) and when the owners went to see the car while clearing customs, the interior had been all stripped out... and not kindly! If this is the same coach that will explain why you are missing parts.
                          No parts went missing but parts were ruined at the time..............floor laminate, some trim fabric etc

The rear loading door is missing all of it's curtain rods & nameplate holders, as are the rear side doors.
                          Curtain rods are available and are yet to be shipped to rip64........nameplate holders were never with this car.

If you look under the carpeted casket floor you'll probably find new wood,
                          no new wood........all is original under the carpet.

originally it was a laminate floor and the story i'd read also said customs ripped out the original floor.
                          Customs forced us to rip out everything to their satisfaction or we pay upwards of $10,000 or more for them to do it

Let us know if the sellers mentioned any of this to you. If memory is correct the people who had it imported also had a similar coach in black that is very nice.
                          We have a 1959 superior hearse that is in midnight blue/purple

Cheers Kaz

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                            FOUND IT!!!

In this one you can see one of your missing curtain rods
                            Curtain rods are not missing....they await RIP64 sending for them as they had to travel seperately. Nothing was allowed to be shipped inside the car.

Comment

Hopefully RIP64 will pop back in & see your updates & that you have the curtain rods for him. I only referenced this Australian article so he could see what they made you do to your car, really sucks what they put you through. We've had a recent discussion about the "snowflake" material & it's neat to see it in the tan color.

Comment

Is that snowflake material still available Wayne ?

Comment

Working...
                                X