Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetish Model With Hearse ~~ an intro

Greetings,

I am new to the hearse boards. I bought a 1979 cadillac hearse over a year ago. Her name is Edith. I vacillate between driving her daily and parking her way too long.

It is hearse driving season so I'm on the road with her. I forgot how to be nice to people, everyone loves her, so they come say hello, spook me, take photos, and make me a little batty.

I need to find a group of people who know a bit more about hearse driving than I.

I used to be an up and coming stand up comic / funny person / hollywood celb, then I got really sick with some mystery thing and now I'm a super private loner in Providence RI.

This is us

More pictures please. It took a few minutes, but I finally show the hearse in the picture. Are those Ford wheels?

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

They are racing wheels. I thought they were Japanese. Ford? How do I tell?

Comment

Welcome... Sweet ride...

Comment

Welcome Aboard. Nice ride.. wish mine was as nice. lol

Comment

Welcome to the forum. So we can get the obvious details out of the way:

Are the flames painted or stickers?

Do you have an opinion on Maria Bamford?

Comment

Stickers.

MB has always been very nice to me.

Edith is a really nice ride and I want to keep her that way. She needs a little love and I'm not totally sure how to give it to her. I have never had a nice car before. Sure I had cars I liked but they were all work horses littered with my life. I'm new to the world of taking good car of cars. I need to poke around here a bit more before I ask for advice.

Links or direction about where to ask for help would be super.

Comment

What kind of help do you need? That'd be a start. Body work? Engine work? Tune up? Interior work? Detail and cleaning? Dont be afraid to ask questions. Everyone's more than happy to help any fellow hearse owner here. Nice pic. Love to see more.

Comment

Yeah, I'd venture just about anybody with even a modicum of experience driving their hearse has considerable experience maintaining it.

Comment

I gotta learn about bondo!

Comment

I will post more pics soon.

What Edith Needs:

She is really rusty. I'm not sure how rusty but she is an east coast car of 33 years. Most everyone is surprised she is still on the road. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from really being noticeable? I'm pretty sure that I can't stop the rust, but what of making it not so visible? (pics forthcoming) Is rust a really bad thing? What should I watch out for?

Also (and more concerning) what might be getting REALLY hot under the floorboard on the passengers side? This same spot seems to now be wet after a LONG drive in the rain. I'm assuming they are not connected problems, but they are in the same location, so who knows. Seems possible that there is a rust hole but what is the hot thing?

Additionally I want to take her for some basic maintenance -- oil change, just a general once over, tune up sort of thing. I'm scared to take her some random place. I have had the luck of the draw with mechanics over the years. What is the best way to find a mechanic? Anyone have a recommendation in the New England area?

And, the side doors don't open. They did when I bought her, but then I tried to lock them and didn't see any locking mechanism, so I put her into some inside bondage as to keep the doors tied together. That was the night I bought her and I have not been able to open the doors since. Yes, I removed the rope. Advice? Body shop?

As far as I can tell that is the bulk of what is wrong with her.

She also needs to find a place to park. She has been outside all year. This could not be good for her. Currently I am parking her in a supermarket lot and I'm crazy paranoid about her well-being. She spent the last year in an outdoor office building lot, that was private and safe from being towed but not safe from most other things. Her location is unstable and temporary right now. I spent a bunch of time iso a storage facility last year but because of her size all the classic winter storage places told me she was too big.

I have been told my ass is too fat before. It sucks. Poor Edith.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

The heat under the floor is probably the catalytic converter acting up, You probably need a new one and maybe other exhaust work as well.
                          The wet spot on the floor is most likely a leaking heater core, either that or a bum is peeing in your car at night.

Why don't you park the car where you live? I am assuming you do not live at the grocery store.

As for the rust get some good pics of the rust spots so we can see what you are dealing with, different types of rust are handled differently.

Comment

Thanks LMS

I'm not gonna rule out that water got in through the floorboard yet. It was just the floor, happened while I was driving in a heavy thunderstorm, in the same place that the heat happens. I'll look into the heater core just the same.

CC, is that bad?

I'm worried that with all the rust she has on her it might be really tricky to take her apart and put her back together.

Parking in Providence is basically illegal. You can't leave your car on the street. I don't have a place to park her closer than two hours away.

Comment

ya sounds like the cat is clogged. I would not drive it much till you take care of that... Could cause a fire... Lost my 78 limo because of that.... Keep a fire extingwisher in the car... For real be carefull with that ... it happened to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X