an intro: my '60 Crown saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooooooooooooo..........

Seems you found 2 '59 coaches. But what of the fabled 60? Going to buy a 59 and "trade up"?

Comment

Not exactly. The owner of this pair will provide me with parts - which broadens options considerably. Both are incomplete. Neither is easily restorable.

Converting a '60 Crown Royale Landaulet to limo? Easy now. I happen to have a line on an original unmolested example currently.

Frankly, ANY '59 or '60 Superior Royale can be converted to a Crown with a little more work. Because of this I'm rethinking the nearly rust free gold '59 Royale 3-way. '59 front bumper and grills are far better than a '60, whereas the '60 fins flow so much nicer...

Comment

Frankly, looks like both of them could be fixed... I would bet you could buy both, trade one for exactly what you are looking for and then still have a 59 to play with...

Comment

Gambling isn't my bag but I'd take your bet in a heartbeat!!! (Appreciate the vote of confidence though.) Not a chance that the current owner (and super-duper all around great guy) would sell this pair. He's actually been hunting that SLC '59 Crown for 20 years and would use the best parts between the three to restore it - 'cept that seller is playing games jerking everyone around.

Rotted frames, bodies, and even 1 roof. Overglorified parts cars - even considering the rarity unfortunately. Only 1 of 10 doors opened correctly and a few of them were even rusted shut. $$$ required to put one of these back in order is monumental. This is the pair that Darlene Daniels quickly snagged the cheap eBay 'Buy It Now' on about 3 years ago, then passed along.

'Twas my first '59 or '60 Crown Royale experience in person regardless - which made the trip well worthwhile.

Comment

If, in the bunch, there is an extra rear door glass to be had, I would like details. My 61 Superior endloader needs one...

Comment

Hey Atti!! The crown is back on ebay AGAIN!

"1960 Cadillac Crown Royale Hearse **Reserve Lowered**"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...dll%3FViewItem

Comment

Raise your hand if you enjoy being teased - and not by your significant other.

Such is the case on this end. My inbox graced me recently with pics of a '60 Crown Royale combination that I'd previously never seen...

Of course I did a triple take initially thinking this is Dave's '60 currently for sale.

Successfully tracked and spoke with the owner this morning. It is all original, having been retired in 1971 from service and has only clocked 51k miles from new. Unfortunately for me not for sale currently but completely bad-ass nonetheless!

Comment

Atti, I don't believe I have ever been so emotionally invested in someone I have never met to find their coach.

I am still holding out hope that we will see you rolling up to Hearse Con.

Comment

my moms car!!!

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Owner/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Hearse%20Folder/6839.jpg[/IMG]
                    Attached Files

Comment

My Car!

Pics of my 1962 M&M 3way
                      Attached Files

Comment

I saw those two hearses on ebay a while back. I think Darlene got them for $1600 for the pair.

Comment

yep. i got them for the buy it now price of 1600. by the time i hired someone to drag them out of a foot of mud, put used but good enough tires to roll on and have them both shipped back up here i had 4100 invested. still not bad for a pair of 59 crowns, huh? there is currently a guy selling a 59 comercial chassis on another message board for i think 500, which could probably help get one of these crowns back on the road.

Comment

Another twist!

Through a very astute and gracious member of this forum, one of the Crowns in my original post that had fallen off has resurfaced and is allegedly for sale. I'm already headed out for a road trip massive tomorrow and may detour...

To be continued.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                              Another twist!

Through a very astute and gracious member of this forum, one of the Crowns in my original post that had fallen off has resurfaced and is allegedly for sale. I'm already headed out for a road trip massive tomorrow and may detour...

To be continued.
                              Good luck...

Comment

The Crown is within grasp! Full story this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X