You won't believe this but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe this but....

I actually had and offer of $25,000.00 for my 55 Caddy. I know I am crazy for not selling it. But I promised I myself I would never sell it. Any thoughts or feelings. And yes this guy that wanted to buy it has money just to blow.

Some cars have immeasurable value, if you say you'll never sell it - then 25k doesn't even come close to that amount needed to overcome the emotional attachment.

I have often said that the amount of money it would take to make me part with my car is so absurd it's not even worth discussing.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
      Some cars have immeasurable value, if you say you'll never sell it - then 25k doesn't even come close to that amount needed to overcome the emotional attachment.

I have often said that the amount of money it would take to make me part with my car is so absurd it's not even worth discussing.

I think I will use your saying then. Because I would sell her, but that amount of money, no one would be willing to dish out. Oh and by the way.... Here I am and I am back. :P

Comment

A guy the other day asked what it would take to make me sell my car. I said more than he had. I'm really loving the new one

$25 grand though you could get a 59 and be the envy of everyone.

Comment

I remember back in the day some guy offered me $8000 for my 1964 Oldsmobile. I told him it would take $40,000.

"40,000 to buy THAT!?" He exclaimed.

"No, $40,000 to even open up the discussion of me selling the car to you, since it's not about the money"

That seemed to convince him that the car was not for sale.

Comment

I dunno -
            I am of the school that everything is for sale if the price is right.
            $25k will buy you a reeeeeeal nice 55 caddy, or maybe a real ugly one with 23k left over for a major resto. If you feel bad about selling, keep the hood ornament and put it on the new car, this way a piece of it will still be with you.

Comment

Mine wasn't for sale when I bought it either, but I told the guy I wanted it and he said everything has a price and he told me what that price was and I took it home.

Comment

Originally posted by msc0nduct View Post
                I think I will use your saying then. Because I would sell her, but that amount of money, no one would be willing to dish out. Oh and by the way.... Here I am and I am back. :P

Nice to meet you, my name is Tony.

Comment

From what I am told and what I have found, I have the last remaining 55 Miller with and Opera window, so wouldn't that make it a one of a kind?

Comment

Here's one with opera windows that was saved a while back. It's a rough one for sure but the owners have already stripped it down & restoration is well underway the last time i'd read an update. I have some other pix of this one where it was found & after it was totally disassembled if you want them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Too round for my own preferences, but wow I want to see some pics of a restored one!

Those little oval windows add such a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthus View Post
                        Too round for my own preferences, but wow I want to see some pics of a restored one!

Those little oval windows add such a nice touch.

Comment

Where do I find the record on how many exsisted? I was told only 2 1955 Millers were made with the oval window option and I found one that was cryushed in 84. Any help here would be great.

Comment

Btw the one you posted pictures of is not a 55, the windshield and bumper are totally different.

Comment

Congrats on such an offer. Personally, I abide by the old adage "sell when you have a buyer" and haven't regrets. That includes the money being right however.

What I take from reading through the thread is another procar enthusiast that wants a coach. Great! If you aren't going to sell, let's get another into some capable hands. No, I don't have any for sale but always know about PLENTY in all price ranges.

Comment

Working...
                              X