No announcement yet.

bands driving coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reply is in regards to what happened to the Chessmen hearse...I've copied and pasted the article as I found it posted:

Saturday, October 10, 1964

A young Utica musician was killed last night when the converted hearse he was driving left Route 12 south of Lowville and rolled down a 21-foot embankment. His three passengers also musicians, were hospitalized.

The dead youth was identified as Anthony Serafino Frontera, 17, of 1109 Webster Ave. Injured were George W. DeAngelo, 19 of 1406 Dudley Ave; Eric Jeffery Thorngren, 19, of Carlise Ave; and Jon Charles Hynes, 19, of 107 Melrose Ave.

THE FOUR musicians, known as "The Chessmen" were going to St. Lawrence University where they were scheduled to play last night and tonight, The quartet has preformed in the area for the past three years.

Musical instruments and electrical amplifiers were found in the wreckage of the 1953 Cadillac hearse. State Police said the vehicle "literally disintegrated" after it traveled 90 feet in the air and flipped and rolled down the grade. All four youths were thrown out.

Dr. Louis Avallone, acting as Lewis County coroner, ruled the death accidental.

FRONTERA'S INJURIES included a fractured skull and internal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

DeAngelo, leader of the group, suffered back injuries and cuts and bruises. He was described in serious condition early today in St. Elizabeth's Hospital. Thorngren suffered possible fractures to his left hip, right foot and facial bones. He was learned in fair condition in Faxton Hospital.

Troupers said Hynes suffered a possible fractured skull, cuts about the right hand and left foot and multiple body bruises. He remained overnight in Lowville Hospital.

Trooper R. O. Polett, Lowville, said Frontera had passed another car and lost control of the hearse. The pavement was slick from light rainfall.

The youth's body was taken to the Ennace Funeral Home last night. Arrangements were incomplete.

Sourced from http://clipper220.proboards.com/inde...&page=30#24579

Jeff

Comment

Snake River Outlaws '40 LaSalle.

Comment

The band Elvis Hitler had one on one of their albums, not sure if it belonged to them.

Comment

And to reply to an older post...

I've heard that Neal Young drove a hearse when he was younger.
          From what I am reading this is Neil Young's hearse with an old band of his.

Comment

Nosferatu was known for driving one around. British band, British hearse. No idea if they still have it.

The couple behind the band My Parasites were at the '12 MPCC show with their black S&S but IDK if they ever used it for touring or not.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
              And to reply to an older post...

From what I am reading this is Neil Young's hearse with an old band of his.

His song Long May You Run was written about his hearse.

Neil Young and friends at MTV Unplugged playing Long May You Run.

Comment

Working...
              X