Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's funny.

Comment

It is a good thing you don't live in Florida. The state passed a new law last year saying that if it is or was a commercial vehicle you must have commercial insurance. Even if it is no longer used in the profession. The only way to get around this is if the car is more than 15 years old and considered a collector car. Then you can get collector car insurance. I unfortunately put to many miles on my car to get collector car insurance. I use my car as a daily driver. And when I went to get my insurance the only company that would insure me without insuring my funeral business was Progressive. My insurance still runs high at $1200 a year. When they first made this new law, I freaked out and sold my hearse to Hotroddwayne in Ohio. My regular car insurance was more than the commercial insurance I was going to buy, so I said screw it and bought another hearse. But as every else should tell you, Make sure the insurance company knows it is a hearse. If not they will say you lied to them and refuse to pay your claim. Or worse yet if you damage some property or injure someone they can refuse to pay that as well and you will definately get sued.

Comment

Ok, well I finally called my insurance guy and since its over 25 years old I can get the collector insurance. He just has to come look at it and take pics, He asked wut it is worth... I didnt know what to really say, said we will discuss it when he comes and looks at it, what would you guys say is a fair "insurance" value for my hearse? if you could take a look at my pic album and give me some suggestions, Thanks Oh yeah have to keep in mind like I told my insurance guy I will be putting more stuff into the car, such as hydraulics, rims, stereo, etc.
        Last edited by Dropped84; 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

About $4K would give you enough to replace the coach with another decent 1984, and enough money to travel to pick it up.

Comment

my title says ambulance...but i told the insurance guy to do what has to be done so i am covered and no suprises....

Comment

When I called to Have Mine Insured and told them Madelyn was a Hearse , they didnt have a Problem just ran the Vin She came up as a Sedan Witch Madelyn was Of Course before she was sent to The Coach Builders , I was told to get Full Coverage as the Parts were hard to find So I did Progressive Insurance is Really nice to work with

Comment

Originally posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
                we have both our hearses insured with Hagerty (www.hagerty.com). we have a few collector cars already, and since our hearses are not driven daily and only go out for cruise nights and stuff we added them to the policy. they know they are hearses, and the rates are solely based on "agreed value" so no jacked up rates or anything. i think we have each of them insured for $5000 agreed value, and we pay about $75 a year if that helps...
                I have Hagerty on my 69, and Grundy on my 73. I like Hagerty way beter. They have much less restrictions then Grundy.
                They will let you increase your coverage to like 10,000 for olnly like an extra 10 bucks a month. I think i pay like 110 for the year with 10,000 for coverage

ya , definetly don't lie, there won't be any penalties on the truth in this case.

Comment

Our hearse is now with Hagerty, State farm pissed us off so we are moving all our policies to other companies.

Comment

Yeah, we pay 250 for the whole year for 2 classic cars. We have 10000 on each car, plus glass and a 100/250 deductable.

Comment

When I had Elvira's title put into my name the lady typed it up as a 1962 cadillac" HORSE",..lol But when we added her to the insurance, they asked what the hell was a horse, we made the corrections and added her as a antique/collector, and it only raised my rates by about fifty dollers a year, for full coverage, including vandelizum and act of God....

Comment

humm i will have to look into insurance soon..i guess hagerdy's would be the way to go..but i will use it to tow cars to car shows and swap meets..not sure what kind of insurance yet would cover a 1946 miller caddy

Comment

anyone ever tried insurance thru USAA? it will be a while before im looking into insurance but was just curious. the collector insurances wont insure in alaska.

Comment

I had a 1970 Sovereign Crown at one time and it was listed on the title and insurance papers as a "Sovereign Limo". Almost had to pay extra "If it hadn't been inspected and seen that it was decommisioned" being titled as such on insurance, so just be mindful of what your vehicle is actually listed as in your particular state.

Comment

Mine is insured through usaa, but i did not have the forsight to insure the glass or go with full coverage. They have no issue with it being a hearse, and i have enough coverage to crash into a ferarri for under $20 a month. But after reading the other posts i plan on looking into adding to the policy.

Comment

Originally posted by bluke1 View Post
                                Mine is insured through usaa, but i did not have the forsight to insure the glass or go with full coverage. They have no issue with it being a hearse, and i have enough coverage to crash into a ferarri for under $20 a month. But after reading the other posts i plan on looking into adding to the policy.
                                what year and make is yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X