strange reactins from the fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange reactins from the fuzz

Ok guys i know i saw another thread about cops reactins to our cars , but i thought this was kinda strange and wanted some opinions.

Last sunday night i went to get a pizza in my 69. There is usualy a cop at the other end of the plaza at a liquor store who normaly never even looks at me.

I was fishing for the money in my wallet when my gf says that the cop is comeing over. I say hello oficer, kinda strange looking isn't she. He says ya, like something out of the munsters. I showed him the back and without geting out of his car he yells WHY DO YOU HAVE A CASKET BACK THERE ?!?!?!?!? I say with a smile that it is a prop for car shows,and besides people expect to see one in the back of a hearse. He then yells THATS A HEARSE ?!?!?!?!?! I say yes, alot of people like to take a close look would you? He then looks at me like a freak and says have a nice night with atitude and takes off. never even ran my plates.

I just think that if he didn't like it that much he would have at least ran my plates or lookt for something to bother me about. he just left. I think that was kinda strange... what do you guys think of this ???

Originally posted by mr x View Post
    Ok guys i know i saw another thread about cops reactins to our cars , but i thought this was kinda strange and wanted some opinions.

Last sunday night i went to get a pizza in my 69. There is usualy a cop at the other end of the plaza at a liquor store who normaly never even looks at me.

I was fishing for the money in my wallet when my gf says that the cop is comeing over. I say hello oficer, kinda strange looking isn't she. He says ya, like something out of the munsters. I showed him the back and without geting out of his car he yells WHY DO YOU HAVE A CASKET BACK THERE ?!?!?!?!? I say with a smile that it is a prop for car shows,and besides people expect to see one in the back of a hearse. He then yells THATS A HEARSE ?!?!?!?!?! I say yes, alot of people like to take a close look would you? He then looks at me like a freak and says have a nice night with atitude and takes off. never even ran my plates.

I just think that if he didn't like it that much he would have at least ran my plates or lookt for something to bother me about. he just left. I think that was kinda strange... what do you guys think of this ???
    Well if it happened anywhere else but here in Arizona...I'd call it profiling... But we don't do that in AZ wink!

Comment

Cops actually love my car, I've never had any issues with them at all. In fact I won 1st place in the "Cops & Kids" car show here, like 5 years in a row.

Comment

Well, cops are people, too. They're going to have the same questions as anyone else regarding an unusual vehicle. This also proves that they aren’t all assholes that need to make trouble out of something they don't like or understand.

I really like the police force in Denver, and for a lot of reasons. As far as my coach, I had a couple of motorcycle troopers that had pulled up next to me at a stop light turn their flashers on for a moment to get my attention. I looked over and one of them yelled, “Hey what year is that?”

So, yeah… Just like anyone else.

Comment

Yeah, some can be real assholes but there are a few good ones out there.

Still maybe he just got nervous and ran off. A lot of cops don't fuck with me except for the two times I got pulled over. Once in Wyandotte and another in my home town for turning on a red because I didn't see the sign.

Comment

Worst reaction I ever got I wasnt even on my own home turf. I had taken the 74 M&M i had at the time to myrtle beach and was cruising around with a couple of chicks one friday night, well, after an all nighter on sat morning i get pulled over in a neighboring town by like 8 quad cars, pulled out of the car and face planted on the ground while these fuckers rip my car apart looking for drugs. apparently, there was another black 74 caddy hearse cruising around that night selling rolls and shit out of the back of it, ( come to find out later it was a superior). and even after they realized it wasnt me they were still dicks, probably out of embarassment but still.

Comment

Somehow my 68 makes me invisible to cops. It's like they refuse see me even if I'm breaking the law.

Comment

More than likely your plates where run before he ever said a word. And CCW mentioned "Profiling" which we know doesn't happen... does it? I have had my hands on the hoods of 6 different state's trooper cars, taken twice at gun point, and been searched everytime along with my vehicle...Never been arrested or taken from the scene.. Never been apologized to for my inconvenience...so it is all a total mystery to me... just the damndest thing

Comment

Hay thanks for all the input guys, like i said just struck me as a little strange.

HOLY CRAP HIGHBARS AND STRAYCAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Held at gunpoint THATS INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!

a cop in a small town once made me sit on a curb and tried to impund my old 73. His superviser showed up later and after they argued with each other, he told me i am geting the break of a lifetime and to get this thing home and check with the registry. Of course everything was in order.
                  Never any guns involved thoe. That would definetly make me not get in the cars for a while !!!!!!!!!

----MY HATS OFF TO YOU GUYS .....

Thanks again for all the input everyone....

Comment

Talked to a friend of mine in the popo, told me that most cops here in Portland ignore coaches unless they're obviously not in service. (Which isn't always so easy to tell) But even he wasn't sure why, then again this is Portland, land of the weird.

Comment

Originally posted by musikill View Post
                      Talked to a friend of mine in the popo, told me that most cops here in Portland ignore coaches unless they're obviously not in service. (Which isn't always so easy to tell) But even he wasn't sure why, then again this is Portland, land of the weird.
                      I can tell you why, cops put their lives on the line every day and so some are superstitious as fuck. It's why most don't even put me over even when I'm obviously doing something illegal. This is also another reason why I don't modify my coach too much. I mean a red sports car is fun but it also attracts attention, some of it unwanted.

Comment

Same here. I been wanting a personalized plate, but here I think it would also bring the wrong attention.

Comment

I went through a license check a couple year ago. There were five or six officers standing in a line about 10-15 feet apart. The first officer waved me on and the next and the next. The last one finally had me stop and took my license and looked at it and looked in the back. Then he let me go.
                          I have been through a license check a couple of month ago. It was at night on a dark road and there were only two officers. I could tell they want to look in the back.

Comment

I guess it could also be a culture thing, where in some towns more than others no cop wants to be known as the guy who pulled over a coach on it's way to a funeral. Hey, maybe investing in those funeral flags to fly at the front of the caddy might not be such a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by musikill View Post
                              Hey, maybe investing in those funeral flags to fly at the front of the caddy might not be such a bad idea.
                              very bad idea unless you are actually leading a funeral. in most states you can get a ticket for impersonating a funeral procession. i don't fly mine unless i'm parked at a car show or driving in a parade

Comment

Working...
                              X