Finally getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally getting started

Well, it is cooling down here now so it is time to finally get started on the Hearse. Over the summer, the vinyl top got REAL baked and ragged. Gotta peel it off and either get it recovered (probably expensive) or paint it. Then it is on to paint the body. It is running good however......STILL cannot find some cool wheels for it. Probably will just paint the stock wheels black with some chrome lugs.

Is thre top fiberglass?

Comment

Post some pics of the car?

Comment

My hearse had a crinkle top. When I had Her repainted. I had the top sprayed with truck bed liner from Line-X. I have had a lot of compliments about it. Most people don't know it's a bed liner, unless I tell them.

Comment

Thats i different idea. hows the texture?

Comment

I think I am just going to paint the top Red metal flake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry67 View Post
              I think I am just going to paint the top Red metal flake.
              I love the flake- cool as hell, but i always piss and moan when im trying to bury it in clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum Rocky View Post
                Thats i different idea. hows the texture?
                I have heard of people talking about doing it, but never seen it done. It's not much different than the crinkle, just not as much "detail", no crinkle look. Most people think all hearse have/had vinyl tops. I have to tell them my hearse never had a vinyl top.

Comment

My '65 MM has a crinkle top (it's very cool). My '65 superior had a vinyl top originally, but I did a convertible top material phantom top on it instead, when I redid the whole body on it. (it looks very classy).

Comment

Working...
                  X