Hearse Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse Covers

Does anyone make a car cover to fit a hearse ?

yeah you can find them. if you are going to replace your vinyl top, you need to at least find something that will protect that part.

i went with some cheap cover and it was okay. it did a reasonable job of keeping the sun and environmental fallout off the car. It probably lasted about a year, but it got a lot of rips and tears in it, so i ended up using a tarp over the cover. it would also leave a fine dust all over the car. so while it did keep off the tree sap and bird crap, it didn't really prevent me from having to wash it. It was also impossible to deal with when wet.

I would encourage you to pony up the money for a good, outdoor quality cover if you can. I went with a cheaper indoor quality cover, because i needed a quick fix and didn't have a lot of money to spend at the time. Also make sure you get the kind with built-in elastic, or at least tie it down really well.

Comment

Yeah, I can't go with a tarp because it sits out front of my house in the driveway. My 56 Chevy wagon is in the garage. I could fit them both in but the hearse is too damn long. I will invest in a good outdoor cover. I did find some on Ebay... Thanks !

Comment

be careful about ebay, there is apparently someone selling covers on ebay that are real douchebags. There is a thread on here somewhere about that.

I went on some car cover website and gave them the dimensions, and they were able to ship me one.

Comment

I have heard only good things about California Car Covers, but they are not cheap. If they are don't have you exact year and model hearse, they will send you a sheet with a hearse and you do the measurements. So it is made to fit your hearse exactly.

Comment

California car covers is the way to go if you have the dough. All of my car covers are from them they fit awsome and hold up well. You can choose the type of fabric for special apps."indoor-or outdoors" they breath so you dont trap moisture under them and make stuff go south faster. A hand full of years back my uncle had them make one for his 51 merc that is chopped and made into a sedan delivery, we used the tech sheet they sent for the measurement and it fit awsome. And that car is just like a custom hearse in its size. It was notthe cheapest but he still has the cover and the car and both are still in great shape and i know the cover is at least 10 years old.

Comment

On a second note. My cars are kept inside and i use the dust shield fabric on mine.

Comment

3rd that california car covers is great product, I have had mine for 5 years still perfect. worth the money to protect your investment!!

Comment

Working...
                X