Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More recent shots:

Comment

No need to worry about the quality of this project, with a crate big block that's obviously top shelf AND an Art Morrison chassis... it will be stunning to say the least. It was cool to see all the temporary bracing they welded in to keep the body from flexing while they cut out the entire floor, this coach is going to be amazing. I don't care for the "added" windows, it looked better as a landau to me. Fuller's shop sure has some incredible sheet metal skills... WOW

Comment

Looks like a kOoL ride to me... I'll be following this build

Comment

Its nice to see some one pump some money in a old coach and do something diffrent. It should open eyes to the cars that we all know already kick ass!

Comment

Oh sweet! So they not only took away the landau part of the car, but they took out the 3-way portion as well! Putzfucks.

I am all for coach modification, but seriously, cutting off landau bars and removing the tables is just taking away the things that MAKE a hearse. It's kind of like panting a DeLorean or modifying a Lamborghini to have regular doors, WHY FUCK WITH THE PART THAT MAKES IT UNIQUE?

Sorry, a dumb ass idea executed with skill is still a dumb ass idea.

Comment

Usually you bring a more poignant view Zach.

Divider = not a sideloader, so -1.

Uniqueness tied to landaus? Eh. That's weak. I'll go -2 for that effort.

Open to interpretation but I'll bet most consider the uniqueness of a coach lies more so in wheelbase, proportions, and roofline before considering details.

Comment

well im more of a restorer. the way i see it, if its not already trashed, why chop it up. Ill use my ambulance as an example, which is 99% there and original. it would be a shame to take it and customize it, sinse there are almost none of this version left. If i do want one to trick out, ill get a botched up one that someone else couldnt handle. just my 2 cents worth, and view.

Comment

Lots of different schools of thought. I'm with Zack though,it was a hearse,all its essence as a hearse is gone. I got a lotta respect for the talent those guys have but I've been a lot more impressed with cars that had a lot less done to them. Sometimes understatement is more appealing.

Comment

Eh, the suicide doors threw me for a loop. So your point you dirty Texan.

As for landaus though I'm not conceding. Now I own 2 full windows and I love both of them. I think they look great but there is no argument that the landau brings it home. I mean, any graphic representation of a hearse, any cartoon or Hollywood depiction always shows a landau hearse and I think most people really fixate on that being what makes it. Sure there are other attributes, the raised windshields, sloped roof, etc, but that landau bar is what really screams "This car hauls dead people!!!" and I think of taking the landau off as reverting to a "lesser than" state. Kind of like people who own 4 door Novas and claim that's what they really wanted...yeaaaaah right.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                      Eh, the suicide doors threw me for a loop. So your point you dirty Texan.

As for landaus though I'm not conceding. Now I own 2 full windows and I love both of them. I think they look great but there is no argument that the landau brings it home. I mean, any graphic representation of a hearse, any cartoon or Hollywood depiction always shows a landau hearse and I think most people really fixate on that being what makes it. Sure there are other attributes, the raised windshields, sloped roof, etc, but that landau bar is what really screams "This car hauls dead people!!!" and I think of taking the landau off as reverting to a "lesser than" state. Kind of like people who own 4 door Novas and claim that's what they really wanted...yeaaaaah right.
                      Funny thing is whenever anyone asks me why I got a 4 door nova, its more like "I got what was available and affordable you dick!"

Comment

Chevy Nova? Do you know they called them something different south of the boarder, because in Spaniish that stand for, won't go?

I think eliminating the Landau Bars was a mistake when doing a Hearse themed Rod, since as Zach pointed out, Landau's say hearse. I know someone here in So Cal who owns a rare limo side loader, and still put rear window covers so his could be a landau. Of course, that's easy to remove, so no big, but it says a lot about how iconic landau's are to Funeral coaches. As a joke, if I ever had a model A Sport Coupe, I'd probably stick a coffin in the rumble seat area just to bug people. I say this as someone who picked a Park Row over a Victoria, because they were both 59's, but I liked the combo's seats. Considering how much of the original coach they threw out when building this custom, there should have been a tired Limo style hearse that would have been the perfect starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                          Chevy Nova? Do you know they called them something different south of the boarder, because in Spaniish that stand for, won't go?
                          technically its "no-go" which ironically is the state she's in right now, trying to save up for a heart transplant to turn her into a mean little bitch

Comment

I would drive it..

Comment

Originally posted by msc0nduct View Post
                              I would drive it..
                              i would drive it too

Comment

More current pics surfaced (finally) taken in February. Still in bare metal, many details have changed/progressed.

PhotoShelter is the industry standard for online archiving, distribution and sales for the independent photographer

Building for a client huh? Whomever the owner is, he needs to be an NHAA member!

Comment

Working...
                                X