No announcement yet.

Barrett-Jackson Kennedy ambulance story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any theories about what's behind all this?

Comment

I know how much some of you guys hate the PCS, but you don't need to join up to read the details:

Didn't someone in this forum claim it had been crushed back in the 60's? http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/40th-Annual-Barrett-Jackson-Scottsdale-Auction-Sell-Historic-Ambulance-That-Transported-1374422.htm

There's no way to relay all the information somewhere else. If you're really interested, grab a beer and take an hour to read through the thread. It's a fascinating journey so far...

Comment

Originally posted by R U INJRD View Post
        I know how much some of you guys hate the PCS, but you don't need to join up to read the details:

Didn't someone in this forum claim it had been crushed back in the 60's? http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/40th-Annual-Barrett-Jackson-Scottsdale-Auction-Sell-Historic-Ambulance-That-Transported-1374422.htm

There's no way to relay all the information somewhere else. If you're really interested, grab a beer and take an hour to read through the thread. It's a fascinating journey so far...
        Might take more than an hour. Yesterday there were 31 pages, sure there are more now.

Comment

bj.jpg

Unhappy seller?

If that is his wife

just what is she thinking?

"You said a over a mill easy" "And you spent how much?

Comment

Priceless.

Comment

I wonder if anybody has ever proven the pedigree of a certain '58 M-M that was used for Ty Cobb?
              According to the post that Richard made, which he did extensive research for, that 58 carried all these folks:

This car is also famous having Hauled TY COBB, ELVIS PRESLEY, JESUS CHRIST, RONALD REGAN, MICHEAL JACKSON, BABE RUTH, HANK AARON, RODNEY DANGERFIELD, ABE LINCOLN, GENERAL PATTON, ADOLF HITLER, JUDY GARLAND, JOHN CANDY, KING RICHARD IV, DALE EARNHARDT, ALAN KULWIKI, KURT COLBAIN, HERMAN MUNSTER, ALBERT EINSTEIN, FRED FLINTSTONE, RED FOX, BUDDY HOLLEY, JIMMY CARTER, CHUCK BERRY, SAVANNAH, RICHIE VALENS, PATSY CLINE, JEFF FOXWORTHY, KAREN CARPENTER, NAT KING COLE, JEFFREY DAHMER, SAMMY DAVIS JR, PHIL HARTMAN, BOB HOPE, ANDY KAUFMAN, MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, JANIS JOPLIN, JOHN F KENNEDY, JOHN LENNON, JACK LEMMON, WALTER MATHOU, GREGORY PECK, DICK SERGENT, GINGER ROGERS, TUPAC, FRANK SINATRA, DICK YORK, ELEZIBETH MONTGOMERY, WALT DISNEY, AND DID I MENTION TY COBB!!!!!!
              just check it out...

Comment

Wow. That built plate can be purchased from ebay and it doesn't match the build plate on another 1963 Pontiac ambulance. Really? I'm shocked! busted.gif

Throughout the saga of the 1963 Pontiac ambulance that purportedly carried the body of President John F. Kennedy, the Barrett-Jackson auction house touted a metal plate attached to its dash as possible proof of authenticity. Trouble is, it's fake, too.

Comment

This is just unreal.

Comment

Gallery of hi-res pictures of the car as it sits in the museum now:

Password is "guest", if needed.

Comment

Thanks for the pic link.

Comment

Working...
                      X