New guy with 1964 Cad Hearse in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pyro View Post
    That carb conversion was done correctly, so hopefully someone showed it some love.
    what do you mean carb conversion? i thought the carb was original, has the heat choke, some parts are missing on the choke side tho. sounds really good when it runs, smokes like the dickens tho. one of the rear springs is completly broken too.

Comment

I looked again, and I'm A DUMB ASS. Thats the original carter carb. I do have the choke pieces, and lots of other 64 parts for your ride.

Comment

P021812_1621[01].jpgP021812_1621[02].jpgP021812_1621[03].jpgP021812_1622[01].jpgP021812_1622[02].jpg

heres some more pictures

Comment

i got a buncha pics! heres more.
          Attached Files

Comment

more picture, let me know if you want a picture of anything specific

P021812_1623.jpgP021812_1623[01].jpgP021812_1623[02].jpgP021812_1624.jpgP021812_1624[01].jpgP021812_1624[02].jpgP021812_1625.jpg

shes pretty ruff but got allot of character.

Comment

opps forgot one, here it is.

P021812pass.jpg

Comment

You must be a Marine, Chesty Puller. I will soon have good front bumper buckets, if your lookin.

Comment

Yes sir once a Marine always a Marine they say. Chesty Puller was a fine Marine!

if the bumper bucket is the thing that rusted thru on the side bottom of the front bumper your talking about i might be interested.

what do you know of our beloved corp?
                  Last edited by chestypuller; 02-19-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I know that Chesty is the most decorated marine, ever.

And, yup, the bumper bucket is the bottom part on the outer front bumper.

Comment

I like that two tone color scheme for the interior.

Comment

Good lower bumper ends are increasingly more difficult to find - regardless of year. Helluva offer right there!

x2 to sgath92. Maroon may be the most popular color choice for a black coach but I enjoy black/white or black/silver interiors more. Yours really does look to be in nice shape.

Rear loading floor is pretty straightforward to replace, 1" plywood. Leaves options how you want to ultimately use the rear compartment. If you get to a point where you want to replace some/all rollers, tracts, bier plates, etc. I can probably come up with a vintage correct set.

Comment

ya most the interior is very nice! i love the colors actually makes me thing of them old diners. i was thinking if i couldnt find them lower bumper parts i could cut the rust out bigger and weld in some metal to make a frrenched in fog lights.

Comment

anyone know what leafsprings off other vehicles will interchange with the ones on my 64 hearse? or how about another suspension design for the rear? anything quick and easy? would like to drive this in the summer.

Comment

anyone know if theres a reciever hitch made for these? i need to put one on to tow a trailer with it. i dont think a bumper hitch would do 5000 lbs.

Comment

dead around here!

Comment

Working...
                                X