No announcement yet.

New guy with 1964 Cad Hearse in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya all special order, airtex pump, in fact when i type in the carter part number the airtex comes up. i think the carter is the correct pump. just wanted to double check, says its for a 390 also. hate to order it and wait then it comes in and is wrong.

Comment

• ordered from rock auto AIRTEX Part #6744 will give that a whirl!

Comment

• anyone know what the stock tire size is??? i need to start looking for some, are they radial passanger rated or bias? or another rating? seems heavy enough for a e rated tire.

Comment

• got the fuel tank wire brushed and holes repaired with that quicksteel, then repainted tank. gonna see how long that lasts...

Comment

• Tire size I use; 235/75/R/15 6 ply tire

Comment

• Originally posted by pyro View Post
              Tire size I use; 235/75/R/15 6 ply tire
              That bias or radial?

Comment

• R for radial.

Comment

• Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                  R for radial.

oops missed that!

Comment

• what year did these have safety glasss? mine has a busted door window and its not safety glass since its just cracks and not shattered.

Comment

• Its going to have the film between the 2 sheets of glass. That was safety glass back then.

Comment

• painted up waterpump pulled old one and fuel pump and lines off car new fuel pump came in gonna reinstall everything this weekend if i can find a oil filter housing gasket. they are supposed to be ordering me one from orielys outa state its a timing set kit from felpro, we will see if it shows up.

Comment

• Got the pumps all in I had to double oring that water pipe that goes into the top of the water pump one word of warning to anyone doing the fuel pump is be careful not to strip the cheap aluminum mounting surface. It was close I almost did mine. Man takes forever to get any heat in the radiator my tank is only a quart for fuel right now tho

Comment

• Idiot napa gave me wrong oil filter a ph25 was on it anyone know what other common filters fit or what came stock?

Comment

• My 429 has a AC PF 24 still screwed on.

Comment

• PH 11 is what gthe books call for.

Comment

Working...
                                X