New guy with 1964 Cad Hearse in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with 1964 Cad Hearse in Alaska

just got me a 64 cad hearse. my names skip and its got a 429 with a hydro-matic.

nice to meet you all great website.

hearse.jpg

Welcome to the NHAA. Miller Meteor endloader or combination?

Comment

endloader, not sure of maker

Comment

Welcome from 1 64 owner to another.

Comment

The window trim is specific to Miller Meteor, as is the triangular piece just above the vent vindow. Also, the roof lines were different for each coach builder. Hence, you have a MM.

Comment

so its a MM, thanks for the info! boy you know its weird that the front end looks like a 64 and the door and wingvents and windshield look more like a 59 or 60 cadillac! was this pretty common? hard to figure what parts i need. like floor pans. not sure if i should order 64's or 60's or just make some.

not sure what way i want to go with this hearse. it has a busted leaf spring in the drivers rear. i was thinking about adapting more common pickup leaf springs, and have toyed with the idea of making it a 4x4. probably gonna remove some of the rear interior also, as i need to put a seat in behind the partition for my kids.

Comment

Commercial chassis utilized the same '59/'60 style GM windshield (albeit taller) through '64 (and '65 limos only). This means front fenders and hood are commercial chassis only too. Use the search function here for more info as it has been covered well many times before.

Front floors are standard '63-'64 Cadillac, coach built from partition back. Wait - things rust in Alaska? Huh.

Post pics when you can and members can direct you to answers or parts. Consider adding Miller Meteor jump seats for kids. They love 'em. I think MM used the same style from '63-'68, possibly through '70.

Comment

ya them jump seats would be great if they are safe. otherwise i would put in a folding bench seat and reinforcment for the floor to mount it to. and seatbelts forsure. taller windshields u say. interesting.

Comment

Welcome to NHAA! Dig that baby out and enjoy it!

I have a 1962 MM 3-Way hearse! Hmmm... How much of the rear interior is there. I mean if you plan on removing a lot of it, I may be willing to pay the shipping to get it to AZ rather than see it go to a landfill... Just a suggestion.

Again, Welcome!

Comment

i will get a pic inside, all the rollers and thing are gone, im keeping whats on the walls and ceiling, there is just a rotting piece of plywood with holes where the hardware used to be.

im gonna keep some of the back part, just wanna clear out a space for another row of seats, would like some that fold down, or jump seats would be cool.

Comment

See if you can salvage a folding seat from an old station wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Haasmama View Post
                        Dig that baby out and enjoy it!

took 8 hours of snowblowing 4 foot deep of snow to get it out of the field.

Comment

Can't wait to see more of it!

Comment

heres some engine shots i had.
                            engine1.jpgengine2.jpgengine3.jpg

Comment

That carb conversion was done correctly, so hopefully someone showed it some love.

Comment

Working...
                              X