enough is enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enough is enough

So when in the hell is the spam bot going to be shut down. Web guys, just kill it.

I tried to pull the spam and temporarily ban spambot till Chris could fix it, but with the way the forum is glitching when you try to post it wouldn't let me complete the process.
    CHRIS WHERE ARE YOU??? WE NEEDS YOU!!!

Comment

Actually it should have worked. Generally it throws an error page and then when you go back a page and refresh everything worked.

I don't get it either.

Comment

I was able to do it from Hellcat's computer, it didn't glitch out till after the last step.

Comment

just talked to Chris...he's outta town for the weekend....he's going to look at it shortly.

Comment

He must have psychobot immune to bans, it's still posting.

Comment

I'm working on it.

PsychoBot is a system account, even banning it won't help.

What it looks like is that Craigslist changed the way that they structure your data and the bot couldn't deal with it.

Let me update the script and see if I can keep it from going nuts again.

Comment

Yay, looks like that little computer fucker is behaving again.

Comment

This thread makes me think of this guy:

"Psychobot can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until more spam is posted."

Comment

i hate that psychobot!!

Comment

If you don't find value to PsychoBot going through half a dozen craigslist sites and pulling info on hearses, I can turn it off. I personally find it useful and occasionally see stuff that I wouldn't have seen.

Comment

I think it is useful as well.

//though I'd be the first in line to kill it with fire should it become self aware.

Comment

I say keep it going. It has linked some things that were cool.
                          The Terminator reference was cool though Dickey, and while it was messing up it did feel that way.

Comment

x3. I search CL regularly but PsychoBot still points out items missed. Sure was annoying for a hot minute last week.

Comment

Keep it going, just keep the medicine cabinet locked. That little bastard had a drug induced frenzy while you were gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X