X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a peek behind the scenes.

Comment

Comment

Sweet steering wheel. But hey my coach is the grim reaper so you need to send me the reaper off the dash and get you a zombified hula girl or something to go along with dead sexy.

Comment

That got me thinking. Were I to have a white coach I'd name it "Pale Horse".

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.

Comment

List of installed components thus far.

ALPINE IVA-W505 2 DIN MULTIMEDIA STATION
            ALPINE PMB-B200 Blackbird Portable Navigation System
            ALPINE HCE-C105 REAR VIEW CAMERA
            ALPINE VPE-S431 VIDEO SWITCHER 2 A/V INPUTS, 3 A/V
            D2205 DIRECTED 5 CH AMP 2200WATT
            POLK AUDIO MOBILE MONITOR 5.25" COAXIAL SPEAKERS
            POLK AUDIO MOBILE MONITOR 4X6" PLATE SPEAKER SET
            POLK AUDIO MOBILE MONITOR 12" SUBWOOFER DUAL VOICE COIL(4 OHM)
            STINGER POWER 2 SERIES 1700AMP BATTERY
            STINGER 1000WATT POWER INVERTER

STINGER HIGH CURRENT 80AMP POWER SUPPLY

Comment

All that and no H.O. alternator?

Comment

Nice coach, love the interior. Color combo of outside/inside is great. My 77 superior goes in the shop this Saturday for some duals and magnaflow stainless mufflers. Suppose to have a throaty low rumble, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
                  All that and no H.O. alternator?

With the "power 3" and that battery I have not pushed hard enough in power demand to need it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bandedspirits View Post
                    Nice coach, love the interior. Color combo of outside/inside is great. My 77 superior goes in the shop this Saturday for some duals and magnaflow stainless mufflers. Suppose to have a throaty low rumble, we'll see.

Exhaust is one of the next things on the list for mine.

As soon as the top is replaced.

Comment

Damnit seein all these car modifications makes me want to quit the home renovation and finish my car! Not Fair!

Comment

With the "power 3" and that battery I have not pushed hard enough in power demand to need it yet.
                        The big 3 will only help your alt achieve its rated potential. Probably about 90 amps at 2500 rpm.

If I tally up all your mods, you have the ability to draw more than 260 amps just to your a/v system. Not that it is likely to surge all at once, but the car itself will be using 30-40 of the 90 available amps.

You need to "feed the machine"!

Comment

The more I see of the 90's hearses, the more I like them. I think that's how it gets with older cars though. For a while I really hated the newer hearses, anything past 1976, but the style is growing on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthus View Post
                            Exhaust is one of the next things on the list for mine.

As soon as the top is replaced.

Not sure what engine you are running, but my duals with flows and turndowns is just right.....nice rumble at idle and cruising but you open it up and they hear you coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                              The more I see of the 90's hearses, the more I like them. I think that's how it gets with older cars though. For a while I really hated the newer hearses, anything past 1976, but the style is growing on me!

That is part of why I chose that one while shopping. That car was the same pretty much through 1992, beyond that I do not like the lines of what I call the newer coaches.

I will always be hunting for a nice classic, but that was the caddy front I grew up knowing. Styled with just enough of the classic look in it for me.

Not busting on the newer coaches so much as on most newer cars, the lines are not the same. They lack something of the classic american automotive heritage I think.

Don't get me wrong, I like fast sportscars and the like, but sedans (and therefore coaches) ought to have kept their classic lines.

I also do not bust on anyone liking the newer ones, but they are just not for me.

I even chose my 2002 Jeep Wrangler over the later models due to their changing the look of them too much.

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
                              Not sure what engine you are running, but my duals with flows and turndowns is just right.....nice rumble at idle and cruising but you open it up and they hear you coming.
                              Thank you for the compliments, and I hope to get that same effect in my exhaust. Low and kinda quiet till I decide to make you aware I am coming to run you over.

Comment

Xanthus we have the same identical coach (as you already know since mine came from near you in Florida) and I just had all the original exhaust removed & replaced with custom bent duals. Go with no CAT convertors & Flowmaster 40 series mufflers... the pipes sound like these 5.0 Mustangs with a great tone, yet not annoying inside the car while driving. With CAT convertors it'll be too quiet even with the Flowmasters, I learned that the hard way & went back to the exhaust shop... paid them "under the table" to make the CATs disappear from underneath the coach. Make sure they do a neat job & hug the frame @ the rear so all you see is the exhaust tips peeking out @ the bumper. Hit a local swap meet... there's vendors selling "knockoff" 40 series Flowmasters for $60 a pair, same quality of manufacture & same sound... at 1/2 the cost! People know that unmistakeable Flowmaster sound & look up, only to discover it's coming from a HEARSE... good times

Comment

Working...
                                X