Where are they now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are they now?

After realizing there are MANY cool coaches that have fallen off the radar stored in my computers, time to give back a little. Maybe provide some inspiration for others to track down.

Vegas "about 10 years ago" - There are more coaches in background.

No idea who even sent me 35mm prints of this seemingly solid '60 Futura.

I'll space installments in this thread out while encouraging others to post 'lost' coaches too.

35mm print from 14-15 years back. No notes. Never surfaced and is still probably sitting in same spot. Can barely make out vertical tail trim, so '56. Guessing Eureka based on roof curvature from A to B pillars and narrow stainless boot. Not like '50s flower cars come to market often...

Comment

Wow!!! Long time ago.... you know?

Comment

No, I don't 'know'. Time is relative.

Comment

I will scan some pics, but there was this old timer in Hamburg PA about 13 years ago. Had a 64 Ambulance from "The Hassler Home". Had a 63 Sup. and a 52 S&S Knickerbocker. Some other really neat cars too. I drove by since I have friends nearby now and the whole lot has gone.

Comment

35mm print from early '90s car show.

Comment

Found some old records of when I was doing some searching in the 90's. You know, back before everybody had a cellular telephone and the internets was this new fangled thing, we actually used to buy a big book called Hemmings reach out to people through it. And when you got a hold of them, they would mail you actual photos of things, much like this color copy of what appears to be a pretty straight badass Superior.

To the best of my recollection, I negotiated with this guy over the phone based on these 4 photos to the tune of somewhere around $3500, no more than 4K. Deal was done as far as I was concerned, I asked if he could give me a week or two to make shipping arrangements (again, this was before a time where you could email out a request and get 4 quotes in 12 hours.) No more than 2 weeks go by and I call him saying that I'd be there that Saturday morning with a trailer to pick it up. Nope - sold it. Never asked me for a deposit, no phone call, nothing. Easy come, easy go, I suppose.

Comment

Wow...id be pretty mad. But hey is what it is I guess. Crazy how things have changed...

Sweet lake pipes too...lol

Comment

Scanned in another couple prints that were sent to me, I imagine around the same time frame, 1997 or 98. Can't recall what kind of price they had on this one. A current Google search turns up an "Executive Motors" in Ohio, about 4 hours away from Lima. Maybe they never got the price they were looking for and moved? Hmmmmmmmm......

Comment

This car looks familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                      Scanned in another couple prints that were sent to me, I imagine around the same time frame, 1997 or 98. Can't recall what kind of price they had on this one. A current Google search turns up an "Executive Motors" in Ohio, about 4 hours away from Lima. Maybe they never got the price they were looking for and moved? Hmmmmmmmm......
                      I remeber this car being advertised for sale in an Old Car Trader Magazine if memory serves me correct it was like 6900. I think.

Comment

I think the price tag on this one was 6K? not sure - it was not included in the lovely letter that the dealer sent to me.

Comment

Sold for $2500 out of a small NC town just last year. Those alluring red lenses give this '57 Superior combination away.

Comment

'37 S&S Byzantine Buick may not be for the faint of heart but it was under $2k. This picture was taken within the last 5 years. In the US! Person who shared this with me saved 35mm prints but accidentally threw out contact info. Certainly hope this wasn't scrapped~

The large 'carved' cast aluminum panels alone were well worth the full asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post

'37 S&S Byzantine Buick may not be for the faint of heart but it was under $2k. This picture was taken within the last 5 years. In the US! Person who shared this with me saved 35mm prints but accidentally threw out contact info. Certainly hope this wasn't scrapped~

The large 'carved' cast aluminum panels alone were well worth the full asking price.
                              It would be worth the price as yard art.

Comment

Working...
                              X