Worst hearse hackjobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst hearse hackjobs!

After wildly successful fun-poking forays into roofless hearse and Ecto clone threads, I realize that there is not a current viable thread outlet on a broader scale for other procar mutilations. So...let's see work by "master craftsman" that would make Helen Keller flinch; the type of repairs that deserve a swift Nazi boot to the face for perpetrating sins in steel; where time is better spent taking a dump - with a better end product too.

And to start, fresh floors in a '53 Cadillac hearse. Ooph.

"All the rust is gone!"

I am a total welding novice...but damn.

Comment

Gotta learn somehow. That seems as reasonable a method to gaining experience as any. Start with floor pans so the catapillar turds don't stand out so bad under some paint and carpet. Were I to guess, I'd venture the guy pictured above started on the driver's side and realized how important it was to try and bend the metal to suit rather than glue in a bunch of smaller pieces.

Comment

Don't we already have a thread for these? http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...to-clones-EVER

Comment

That thread is a little more specific than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
            Don't we already have a thread for these? http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...to-clones-EVER
            that thread was actually mentioned in the origional post....but you read that!

Comment

That floor wont move at all. Looks shitty, but I give the guy props for doing it. Carpet & undercoating hide alot.

Comment

The way I see it, if you can't afford the bigger pieces of metal, you use what is available. All that metal was probably free.

Comment

Thought I'd throw a few of my own coach's progress in here for you all to giggle at. I utilized the roof from the ambulance "'57 Caddy" parts car for patch material. Good high carbon steel is not cheap or easy to get anymore and would be a waste to let it go...OK guys...lay it on me.

securedownload1.jpgsecuredownload3.jpgsecuredownload.jpgsecuredownload2.jpg

Comment

Honestly it doesn't look bad to me. I mean if this was a roof repair, sure, but it's the floor so who cares if it's not an ornately crafted work of art. Your feet go on it, it's covered by carpet and as such the most important thing is keeping the weather out and your feet in, the aesthetic perfection is really a non-issue to me. Plus one of my cars has work done to it like this and I could not care less as long as it holds.

Comment

looks fine to me also, if this scares you off then youll probably not want me to post pics of my floor restore when i do mine. im gonna just use sheetmetal from other vehicles i cut up to repair i got laying around. i could careless to keep the floor pan stock looking. i like the first pic in this thread actually i think it shows imagination and has a neat robomechanical feel to his design.

Comment

Working...
                      X