No announcement yet.

toy reference: HW '59 Cadillac Funny Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about the broke thing so much. Just go through and see what you need before Wed. I'm leaving then to set up @ a big antique and toy show.

Some of those privately sent have already moved along as well.

Comment

Hhhhoooooollllyyyyyyy shiiiiiiit.....wow...I had seven and I was pretty stoked....oh well, I've got a long road of pro car collecting I see lol

Comment

Hey Atti, PM me if your interested in selling a couple ectos. My son really wants a couple.

Comment

no wonder i cant find any good MB cars around here...they all go to texas and you buy them!!!

thats one hell of a collection!!!

Comment

Tip-o-the-iceberg...and my hearse diecast collection pales in many ways to Boogeyman Con Carne.

Keep in mind that it isn't possible to acquire mass quantities w/o the help of other collectors. Of the 3 'bulk' pics I've shown on this page, MOTU and Halloween were all store purchases. 4/5 of 425+ Ecto here (including 30+ rare variations/errors) ultimately came via trades. When items are hard to find in stores, it helps having trade bait so I stockpile.

Working out of state currently Creepy or I'd hook you up (not that I'm interested in selling Ecto really). Drop Boogeyman a PM though. He sold 20 off a couple weeks back and may have more available.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                7 huh? Novice.

What is that, like 4 or 5 stores? I've already traded off more than that and have this many remaining.

Welcome to your low grade addiction. Only gets worse~
                I ain't that addicted but I have a couple of hearse models.

Plus some Matchbox ... Long cards

Short cards

Plus some of the white and silver versions.

And the HBO CD player

Comment

Well done Aussie! Would love to see more detailed shots of what is on table if you have them out again. Neat seeing MB short cards as they aren't sold in the States. Bet you have many others that weren't available here as well...

Comment

Here's what I photgraphed back then and I just put into photobucket for you. Let me know if there's anything else you want to swap.
                    http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/a...del%20hearses/

Do you have spares of the below Johnny Lightnings? As I'd like 2 of each and will swap you
                    4 X short card black (57)

1 X short card black error card (30)

1 X short card white (30)

I also have the 3 pack haunted house set with the 1953 FJ Holden hearse ... very rare even down here ... took me 3 years of searching to find 2 sets ... I'd swap one of them for I think it's called a Haunted Hearse in a plastic box case by Hot Wheels or maybe Matchbox. My mate me cause he has one

Comment

Picked up 5 more 59 funny cars. I have an extra Johnny Lightning silver/black hearse plus several 59 hearse funny cars id be more than willing to trade for some others I don't have if anyone is interested.

Comment

1st sneak peek! Same Nostalgia line that Masters of the Universe was in. This version will hit stores in November.

Comment

My friends and I are still a smidgen confused with this picture...

DC Comics is the second series (but third released) in the HW Nostalgia line. TRU received an exclusive MOTU 4 pack two weeks ago (and they FLEW off shelves); now Walmart has followed suit w/ an exclusive DC set (and different cars). Totally surprising as there was no mention of this upcoming in any toy forums.

4 cars appear to be (in order):

'34 Ford Sedan
                          '70s Van/Supervan
                          '59 Caddy F/C
                          '50s Chevy Truck

The confusion lies w/ the hearse picture...obviously a MOTU was stuck in there for the photo session. Who knows why. Likewise, unknown what the actual DC version will look like. Rather than store-chase though, not knowing when they will hit shelves, you can order site to store free shipping.

If mine arrives before high res pics are posted, you'll have them.

Comment

DC 4-packs started showing on eBay yesterday for mainly twice retail price. Whether in stores yet or shipped from Walmart website is not known. However, actual product pics show green over purple Catwoman '59 Caddy F/C.

Hershey's version now has a street date "by 11/26".

Comment

Found in store last night.

Six 4-packs come in a box.

Use this UPC to check in your local store if not on shelves:

Comment

Good news: Street date "by 11/26" proved accurate. Hershey Nostalgia cases hit Walmarts last night. (Been on eBay for over a week already.)

Bad news: A couple popular cars in this assortment that were supposed to be 2 per case of 16 (via HW release announcement) were cut back to 1. Of course the '59 Caddy got shafted!

This Hershey lineup is one of the strongest HW has put out of late. Overall they nailed cars, graphics, and cards.

Warm chocolate metallic brown with subtle wintery graphics looks great. 10x better than MOTU and flows better than Catwoman, the other two Nostalgia releases. (Reflection only on roof.)

Here's the card back and UPC to check. If calling locally and in-store count is over 16 - very good chance Hersheys has arrived.

Really sucks for collectors that there is only 1 hearse per 16. Most of these will prove difficult to find I'm afraid. Dairy Delivery and '64 GMC Panel each have devout followings. '51 GMC COE has only been previously released in Nostalgia line and is still 'fresh'. Haulin' Gas, Smokin' Grill, and Dream Van XGW are all debut castings. (Demand for Smokin' Grill online has been bonkers, don't know why.) Usually 1 pr case castings don't last long. All this equates to maybe the '34 Ford being a peg warmer. Simply don't see Hersheys lasting in store long.....

Go get that hearse!

Comment

Working...
                                X