I finally got another hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got another hearse

It has been close to 6 years since I had a running hearse and so I just picked one up on Ebay. I will be picking it up this weekend. The previous owner and his wife are funeral directors and have done all the mechanical repairs needed to the car so now it is time for body work. It's not the prettiest 1970 3 way but by gawd it's my (eerr uumm my wife's) 1970 3 way. Here is the auction link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...WNX%3AIT#v4-36 After I get it home I will post some better shots. I wonder what a round trip to Joplin would cost in this car. OUCH

I was sooo tempted to grab that couch too...glad to see it going to a good home. I was going to take what I needed and scrap it. Cheers to you! From one 3-way owner to another!

Comment

How could anybody scrap a 3 way? Maybe that is just the part of me talking that has always wanted a 3 way but never had the money when one was available. With how hard they are to find I would have taken one in almost any condition. My lowrider Grand Prix will be done in the next two weeks so I will be starting on the body work soon after that. She will be the pride of my car collection when she's done.... LOL

Comment

I'll check @ a friend's property next visit for a rear bumper.

And congrats!

Keokuk??? My father grew up there. Wow.

Comment

We got her home tonight and yeah she is in a definite need of a make over. She made the 300 mile trip with no problem but she does have her issues..... The mpg was what I expected at 10.5.....

Comment

Well a BIG congrats to you on getting the hearse home! Enjoy it & keeep us updated on your progress

Comment

Originally posted by casketmaker View Post
              We got her home tonight and yeah she is in a definite need of a make over. She made the 300 mile trip with no problem but she does have her issues..... The mpg was what I expected at 10.5.....
              Thats about what mine does. Maybe on a good day I'll get 12 mpg. Hows the doors? Do they close somewhat even? Mine seems to bulge out a bit where they meet. I need a rear bumper too. Funny how they rust in the same spot? Post some more pictures soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Custom Coffin Works View Post
                Thats about what mine does. Maybe on a good day I'll get 12 mpg. Hows the doors? Do they close somewhat even? Mine seems to bulge out a bit where they meet. I need a rear bumper too. Funny how they rust in the same spot? Post some more pictures soon!

The right doors close like a dream now that I greased them but the top hinge on the drivers door is shot so it sags pretty bad. You need help closing the door after you get in unless you just get in by the right side. Now I need to figure out what is causing that clunking sound as I accelerate and it is accompanied by a nice strong vibration. I was told it is due to the 2 piece drive shaft but I am busy at the moment painting my lowrider Grand Prix so figuring out that issue will have to wait a couple days.

Comment

Am I wrong or wasn't the Landau Traditional cars built by M&M? The only name I can find on the car is Landau Traditional...

Comment

Congratulations. I am happy for you.

Comment

Nice glad to see a NHAA person get it

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, now you have a place to throw all your extra $$$ at!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

PICS PICS and did i mention PICS

Comment

What the fuck is wit all the spam?

Comment

Working...
                              X