No announcement yet.

Favorite gun shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge and loaded it with 00BK shot shells. Also got a box of 100 rounds of target ammo so that Nikki can learn to shoot it too. Any local folks want to get together next weekend to go shoot a little bit?

Also - I know that David's brother had issues with his RIA 1911, but I have a few (personal) decent reviews to the contrary as well and it's worth at least looking at. Clyde's has one right now for a pretty fair price. I'll also check out that spot in Monroe or HillTop if they don't have what I want in Athens.

Comment

There is an outdoor range near me, which now requires a membership, or the indoor range at the pawn shop. let me know your plans and i may be able to make it.

Comment

Did a little shopping this weekend. Bought a Remington 870 at Dick's for 299 with a $30 mail in rebate. Went to Franklins today and nobody would help us (didn't really see any 1911s that struck me that I could afford), went to Clyde's and found a 1911 I liked but not in .45 (RIA). On David's suggestion I went to Hilltop Pawn in Snellville and bought this awesome used Taurus PT1911SS! Had it marked for $549, they gave it to me for $500, knocked $20 off the ammo I bought and gave me a holster (locking Taurus holster made for that gun), plus a set of diamond stud earrings for Nikki for spending over 500 bucks. Spent some time cleaning it and damn this thing is nice. Can't wait to get out and pump some rounds through it.

I also HIGHLY recommend Hilltop now too - the selection was great, prices were good and the service was top notch. I don't have a CCP yet, so they had to call in to verify me. One dude sat on the phone for an hour and a half just to make sure I could get my gun today. I'm going to swing them some beer by next week as a thank you (and by some odd occurrence, one of the dudes working there remembered me from when I was in Street Lethal Stangs back in 2000).

taurus.jpg2012-12-14 21.49.46.jpg

Comment

Excellent choices all the way around. You should check into getting an extended magazine tube for the shotgun and pick up some extra mags for the 1911.

Here you go Chris, add 3 more rounds to that remingtons mag capacity. And check out the other 870 accessories they have.
          Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.
          Last edited by LMS; 12-15-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

that 870s gonna do you fine! not so sure about the taurs but thats just a backup anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              There is an outdoor range near me, which now requires a membership, or the indoor range at the pawn shop. let me know your plans and i may be able to make it.
              why would he train in a range? he needs to set up some kill houses in his field and practice like the situation. you dont play duck hunt on the nintendo to learn how to duck hunt for real.

Comment

he needs to set up some kill houses in his field and practice like the situation.
                There's not a lot fields around here where you can just do stuff like that, I wish there was. We live in a more populated area down here. If you find a field someone owns it and probably won't let you use it unless you pay them.

Comment

I've been shooting guns my entire life with a high degree of efficiency in my ability to hit what I'm aiming for. The range helps my wife get used to the guns before we start to run tactical scenarios.

I have several friends who have a some land that would be cool with me coming over and setting up some scenes to practice with (Joel comes to mind, and I suspect that Dave would be cool too) after Nikki is more comfortable with the operation of the weapons. I don't like to impose upon anybody, so I'm not going to speak for the availability of someone else's place so planning a range day is more reasonable.

Comment

i have done some kill house stuff, but it was with airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                      i have done some kill house stuff, but it was with airsoft.
                      now just sandback the kill house walls so you dont have penetration and run it with 12g and .45acps or whatever your caliber of choice is in handgun. hollow points wont penetrate much due to their design, so it will be good to go. and always practice with the ammo you plan to use in your defense of life.

Comment

cool, i'll just order 65 tons of sand and potato sacks with some of the spare change i have lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
                          why would he train in a range? he needs to set up some kill houses in his field and practice like the situation. you dont play duck hunt on the nintendo to learn how to duck hunt for real.
                          FALSE: Video games help with reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Granted it is no substitute for real training though.

Also Hogan's Alley was the shit!!!

[youtube]j84lQTowX-Y[/youtube]

Comment

Cleaned it up, put some Raasco Bahama Rosewood grips on it.

Comment

looks very nice. lovely grips

Comment

Working...
                              X