I got my squareback. WOOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my squareback. WOOT

As many of you know I've jonesing for a square really bad for a while now. I wanted one so bad i was going to trade Herman (my volksrod) for one but this is how that fiasco turned out. (beware long read) http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22741

Long story short it didn't work out. Had some friends from my local club tell me about this square they saw. Went by the guys house and long story short- got my square.

But WAIT there's more to this

about 8 years ago before i bought my 1st bug i saw this same square for sale. I pinched pennies worked extra hours and just finally got the money up to buy it. went to buy the car and it was gone. Now 8 years later I found it.(with help) this was the 1st vw i ever seriously considered buying. Now i own it.

Oh yeah a running - driving (not so much stopping- Hey the E-brake works @ least.) square for $600. it gets even better through some horse trading i did i've got nothing into it. So a running driving 1973 Squareback for $0.00

now for you this thread is useless without pic types (hi Carlene) I've got one better. Pics AND Video

look at the pic in my signature. that's the plan with this bad boy.

Cool Nazi Hearse. Always loved squarebacks. And Ghias.

Comment

Awesome...can't wait to see how you transform this one.

Comment

Is this the one that you can't get parts for, and you have to move the battery and do some rewiring to keep it from burning up? A friend of mine had one, and I spent a lot of time trying to keep it running, then she wrecked it. One of the front wheels was leaning over and the whole car was unibody, so we finally just beat it straight with a sledgehammer.

Anyway, I hope you have better luck with yours!

Comment

[quote=Morella;27665]Is this the one that you can't get parts for, and you have to move the battery and do some rewiring to keep it from burning up?
          That sounds like a hearse except for moving the battery. I think Cadillacs had a wiring problem, I have heard of a few that have burnt up. I had a wire on my hearse that was getting really hot and smoking and would make my hearse not run. It was a wire that went from the coil to the starter. I'm going to eliminate the points soon, because I have replaced them twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
            Is this the one that you can't get parts for, and you have to move the battery and do some rewiring to keep it from burning up?
            Well it's not like you can get parts for a beetle at you local advance either but yes these have harder to find parts than a beetle. and when you do find the parts you are looking at a premium price.

As far as wiring.....It's a 73 vw of course it needs rewiring.

Comment

ust got frank home. drove 12 miles home with only the e-brake. oh yeah the tires were dry rotted and underinflated too. Definatly needs lots of the little piddly shit but i should have him on the road in less than a month

Comment

Looks like a great way to haul around Dead midgets.

Comment

actually i was thinking of building a couple of child caskets toe pincher and modern metal style. maybe even an infant casket with a zombie baby inside.

Comment

Cool - Was thinking of about the same thing with a PT or HHR... with "Pet Cemetery" across the back door -

Keep us up on progress

Comment

i have got it painted flat black. I did get some t-bird landau's for him too. It'll be awhile before i install those though. these aren't the best pics. I'll post more when i get em.

and those damn hippy stickers are long gone.

Comment

That is freakin awesome! I love it! Congrats!

Comment

okay here are some better pics. also did a little window treatment. Yes it glows in a blacklight.all the green does I plan on putting 12v black lights in the wheel wells to make the calipers, rotors, and drums glow at night and will have black lights in the interior to make the crosses glow too.

and this is pitch black with a blacklight

Comment

Farfromlivin!

This should be a fun project to watch

Comment

That is awesome Shadow!

Let me know if you need any help with it - I certainly can help with the casket with no prob.

Comment

Working...
                              X