April 25th - lets do something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 25th - lets do something

I heard a suggestion on Camping at Hard Labor Creek - that sounds like fun.

Who is in?

Would the following weekend be better?

BTW - and we aren't talking about cabins and hotels, we are talking throwing up some tents, drinking some beer, smoking cigars (bring yo own, it's a hard enough habit for me to pay for on my own), telling jokes and just generally having some fun. Don't worry, I won't bring any of my guitars and try to sing kumbaya.

Comment

Count us out....David's sister is getting married that day.

Comment

How about the 25th?

Comment

i have to work that saturday. but i think i might still be able to do it. just wouldn't get there till after 3

Comment

either way should be fine for me

Comment

either day, I have to work too.

Comment

i dont really give a shit what or when, let's just do something for once. I'm starting on the Harley today , so if I can teach Casey how to not wreck my Impala I'll have a nice little duo to cruise with this spring/summer.

Comment

So whats the verdict? YOu guys remember Oz? (Silver Buick hearse with color change flames) He said he wants to hang with us, and would like to come to this.

Comment

Fuck yeah we're doing it.

Figure out more stuff in a day or so.

Comment

Ok - hard labor creek.

They need a 2 day reservation before we can get spots (that is their minimum). I was figuring on 2 sites with 2 tents each, for a total of like 8 people (very loose guess). It comes out to be about 46 bucks per site.

Fort Yargo has 'walk up tent sites' (which aren't for motorhomes and are about 250 feet from the parking lot) just slightly cheaper at 40 per site - and I think Winder is probably a good bit closer for everyone. Here is what it says:

"Tent Walk-In campsite holds the following equipment: 1 tent or 2 tents. This area is for hike in campers only. No vehicles allowed. Two night minimum on weekends. Sites have easy access to lake, boats and canoes can be docked at shoreline. All sites have a picnic table & grill. Sites are located 225 ft away from parking area. There is a central bathhouse located near parking lot. All tents must be pitched on designated tent pads. All sites share a central water spigot. No electricity on these sites. Each site has a picnic table, grill, and fire ring."

So I need to know who is definitely coming. Not sure the times yet unless folks want to chime in. I was planning on just going during the day sometime early afternoon and just chilling up there (there is an 18 mile hiking trail i was going to try and conquer - although their calendar shows an off-road triathalon that day, so the trail may be taken over) and camping that night.

You don't have to drive a hearse unless you feel like it.

Comment

Comment

I'll have to see if I have a tent around here. I was planning on sleeping in the hearse. But I think we have one. And I have to work Saturday morning 6am to 1:30.

Comment

i have a tent. i'd be down. i wouldn't be able to come out till saturday after 2 though.

Comment

I might be able to scare up a couple of extra tents (I'm going to go raid my parents house for my brother and my old shit).

2 AM or PM Shadow?

Comment

Working...
                              X