Yo 60 Buick!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo 60 Buick!!!

If this isn't you playing a sick joke, or some kid on a fantasy trip....then its a travesty.

I'm as big an Ecto-1 fan as anyone, hell my daily driver is a Magnum with GB logos and lights (and 22's and switches...but still) Anyway this the post by this guy on the Ecto forums....

"Hello there! Don't have too much to say at the moment, other than this site is a gold mine of information! Here's our "in-progress" ectophenomenological investigation and extermination vehicle! This bad boy is already fully-restored and is just waiting to be converted. We've been accumualting parts (slowly, but surely) and if anyone knows a good source for 1959 Cadillac rear quarters, we've been looking for 'em!"

and here's the car....

So yeah...saw that and instantly thought of you.

here's the thread link.

http://www.theecto1.com/forum/index.php?topic=453.0

I saw that thread not long after it was posted (I frequent that board myself) and damn near bit my tongue off trying not to scream "FOUL! FOUL! FILTH AND FOUL!" It is still their car, and they can do what they like, but DAMN! Not to something that pristine and rare! Jesus Christ on a rubber fucking crutch!!!!

Comment

Surely it's a joke. Look at the reflection in the rear door.... a pick up with it's lights on. Looks like someone just pulled up, got out and took a picture of a car in a parking lot.
      There does appear to be for sale signs, but if you bought a car like that wouldn't you have better pics to post.

Comment

I should hope it's a bullshit post, but at the same time, people's ability to be complete dumbfucks seem to know no bounds, and it gets worse every day.....

Comment

I don't know what to say... except

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
            I don't know what to say... except
            I told you...it's serious shit.

Comment

That is an epic fail waiting to happen -
              I'm not really a fan of the Buicks, but man that is one sexy car.
              A quick google search did not show anything for a Bosh Funeral Home. Any PCSers have their member registry handy? Could just be a personalized name plate.

Comment

No listing for "Bosh" in the PCS Membership Directory (PCS-13, as of May 31,2008) that is the most current out.

I checked the Red Book (Funeral Home Listing Directory) for a funeral home in MA...only found listing for Bosk in Fitchburg, MA.

Comment

This may be a legit post.

If it is the same car it went up for sale a while back. The window script says BOST. If so the car is not restored it is a very fine original that was repainted.

That is the coach picture that is on Wiki when you do a search for Flxible. I believe they pulled it off the for sale add.

I don't have my book in front of me but I believe they made 88 Premiers in 63'.

Flxibles fall into two catagories, very sought after or very looked over. 59 is the most desirered followed by anything carved panel. Then you have the 60 and anything 52 prior. 61-65 are still cheap coaches by comparison, no tail fins and not considered very antique yet and are the most common Flxible finds.

The problem is with the economy in the crapper that car could be bought for about 10 grand in perfect condition and stupid people have money. They will put an el cheapo paint job on it after butchering the rear end of the car and what do they have. The do not have an Ecto they have a very rare butchered Buick that isn't worth half of what they paid. If they want an ecto which is obvious, why not buy a 59 M+M if they can lay down the kind of money to buy a fine coach why not buy the right car? If they are dead set on a conversion why not buy a 60 M+M and a 59 4 door and do the surgery...It doesn't take a genious to see that a round peg isn't going to fit in the square holed Buick!
                  Last edited by 60Buick; 05-24-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Buick View Post
                    It doesn't take a genious to see that a round peg isn't going to fit in the square holed Buick!
                    yeah, I guess it doesn't take a genious

Comment

yeah, I guess it doesn't take a genious
                      That's funny right there.

Comment

pardon me for the slipped digit, genius.

Comment

Hello, NECRO post time! Hi folks, Just stumbled across this site, and guess what? I am the owner of this vehicle, and don't you kiddies worry, the car's condition has not changed since these pics were taken at the dealership. Feel free to ask any questions you may have though. Cheers!

Comment

Here's some pics I just took to prove that it really is mine:

IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1395.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1398.jpg

Comment

That is a seriously cool car. More info?

Comment

Working...
                              X