Well, the Impala is gone.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the Impala is gone.............

I traded it off for something that was more like what I was really looking for......

1951 Plymouth Cranbrook.

Runs very very nicely, and rides like a Cadillac. Car has been dropped 2-1/2 inches, otherwise all original. 29k original miles with documentation. Some rust in the floors, nothing detrimental, flathead 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree, interior is fucked but acceptible, and very easily redone, the door panels are like a days fabrication at most. Hell thing has the original paint job on it, I am still debating on wether i want to paint it or leave it all "fresh out of the barn" looking. Pics in a sec when the wife finishes loading them on the comp....

pics

Pics are bad but it was dark. i'll get better ones later.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice.....looks very similar to a car in my garage

1949 Chrysler Windsor

Comment

Pretty! yeah i never really gave it a thought that mopar had some pretty sweet looking cars too. After doing some research tho i found that these cars are almost impossible to kill. my wife is still making fun of me because it took me about 30 miles to get used to the column shift again, it had been awhile. but it wont take much to get her presentable.

Comment

Straycat I have an uncle who has a 1951 Cranbrook totally restored, i'll see about getting some pix to post for ya. His is like a slate blue, the thing drives like a new car & is a pleasure to drive, gotta love a 3-on-the-tree!

Comment

PI-MP-OLOGY!

That shit is badass dude, can't wait to see it

(consequently, I'm working from the house today if you wanted to drive it over)

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
              PI-MP-OLOGY!

That shit is badass dude, can't wait to see it

(consequently, I'm working from the house today if you wanted to drive it over)
              Well, my sister in in surgery right now, so i am stuck here with the kids alone while casey takes my mom over to the hospital, i dunno how long that is expected to take, we'll just drive it to our "dinner and a movie " date tonight...lol

Comment

Oh yeah, here's a funny thing about the trade...my wife had no problem with it except" omg, you're giving them a perfect interior for essentially NO interior".........she fails to understand the nitty gritty of hotrod/ratrod ownership, i am quite happy with my choice, i was giggling like a little girl the whole drive home from cumming with it. It's very fun to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                  Oh yeah, here's a funny thing about the trade...my wife had no problem with it except" omg, you're giving them a perfect interior for essentially NO interior".........she fails to understand the nitty gritty of hotrod/ratrod ownership, i am quite happy with my choice, i was giggling like a little girl the whole drive home from cumming with it. It's very fun to drive!
                  As long as you weren't 'cumming' in it, I don't think the rest of us would have a problem riding in this broke ass interior. =)

Comment

OMFG!!!!!!! This car has tubed tires!!!!!!! WTF a I supposed to do? I never seen such a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                      OMFG!!!!!!! This car has tubed tires!!!!!!! WTF a I supposed to do? I never seen such a thing!

Uh....put some radials on....duh.

Oh and I first read that as 'tubbed' tires and I was gonna call bullshit....then I re-read

Comment

LOL. Nah, main reason I did the trade was the car was virtually unmolested. I'm going to have to take it to paul's custom exaust tomorrow or tuesday to have the downpipe repaired, i didnt even notice how bad it was, it has a complete fracture right at the exaust flange, and when you tap it with your finger it moves like a hinge, so i may have 20 miles on it before it falls of completely, they are going to have to weld a new pipe to the flange or just replace the whole thing from the manifold to the muffler, 120 bucks, but if i dont fix it no monsterbash for me. so...........

Comment

After seeing that thing in person, I have to say that thing is cool as hell!

Comment

yeah i concur

Comment

Working...
                            X