• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The Harley is back in business! /dance

werd!

Comment

werd indeed!

Here she is reassembled. For now. There's gonna be some work going on here reaaalllll soooonnn. Some custom sheet metal work and so on. I need to get someone to go over it with me first so I know the cost and what my options are...
      Attached Files

Comment

Basically, everything I hate about the bike, my dad loves, so when I pull the parts ( tank, seat, rear fender,ect...) i gotta bubble wrap em and box em up so he can use them on the next bike build or whatever. This bike is currently kind of dual ownership, untill we build another. Basically he funds most of it, and I build it. Seems like a perfect relationship to me...lol. Dad loves choppers. I prefer bobbers. But we both agree that ironheads make much better bobbers than choppers, so you can get an idea where we are going with this one.

What I wanna do is as follows.....

Fat bob tank. Prolly the 4.5 gallon
        Completely get rid of the swing arm/rear fender/shock set up. Either get one of those bolt on or weld on rigid rears.
        Bobber seat with springs,( gonna be nessesary when we remove the shock absorbsion from the rear.
        Custom rear fender/ tail light set up. No clue what yet....
        FORWARD CONTROLS!!!!!!! I hate mids. Imma short but bigger guy, and mid controls give me charlie horses after about an hour.
        I wanna do something with the bars. Mini apes probably. It has the steer horn type on there now, which are o.k, but im not so sure they will look right when finnished.

Comment

[quote]I wanna do something with the bars. Mini apes probably. [QUOTE]

Mini-Apes? This is what they look after they grow up......LOL
          Last edited by Highbars; 06-22-2009, 06:26 PM. Reason: fucke ed up

Comment

His Name is "Longfellow Wadsworth Stinkfinger" and if he could talk he would have to be shot.....
            They were custom bent... 28" of lift on a stock 1" riser... Powder coated black...Made with schedule 40 ..1" pipe.... had them on for five years now had 18's before that for 17 years..... If I had it to do over I would sched. 80 or sched40 x1 1/4" and stub down to one inch for the grips... would be stiffer and not walk so bad in a tight high speed curve...Must drive appropriately or you will end up in the Tullies.

Comment

You know...I know alot of people like those huge fuckers, and that's fine, but they make the bike look so disproportionate to me. Kinda like a huge 700lb christmas ornament.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                You know...I know alot of people like those huge fuckers, and that's fine, but they make the bike look so disproportionate to me. Kinda like a huge 700lb christmas ornament.

Feel the same way about big ol bobber tanks on Sportys..especially with the XL front end... but if we met up on the road somewhere it wouldn't matter I'd buy ya a beer anyway.

Comment

Same. And that's what's so awesome about bikes. So easy to make them your own. Especially the older ones. I loath new bikes, Harleys included. No personality. I walk into Killer Creek and I feel like I walked into a Porshe dealership full of weekend warriors who drove up in their new BMW's and feel cool cause they spent 30 grand on a bike. I like the Dynas. Only because they look more like old sportsters. As a matter of fact, they look like old sporty's more than the new sportys do...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbars View Post
                    Feel the same way about big ol bobber tanks on Sportys..especially with the XL front end... but if we met up on the road somewhere it wouldn't matter I'd buy ya a beer anyway.

oh btw....mine doesn't have the xl front end on it. When i bought it a couple years back, it already had raked tripple trees, longer forks and so on. I gutted the headlight assembly and put one off a 96 fatboy on it....the sportyheadlight set up sickens me. Plus, the reason the ironheads had such a bad rep for so long was the electrical system. It starts mid bike....then goes into the headlight housing, then to it's repective components. This includes the tail light. Dumb as hell design. Hence why I havent brought up even having this bike much in the 2 years i've had it. I wasn't running for a year and a half. I reverse wired the whole bike, this thing is clean, simple, easy leads, color coordinated, all riff raff wiring eliminated, bare bones, and bullet proof. Gotta love it.

Comment

I never could figure out why they did the wiring that way.. They were all that way and I worked on a 01 Sporty this spring and it was still that way.....Dumb as hell.... start at Battery then power up electrical center... which is mid bike... near battery.... Then I think they must have done a few hits of Micro dot at lunch....Oh the colored wires lets run them all over fuck.... weeeeeee...... I stripped my electrics also.. Batt., jct bar,breakers, and to the load... did keep the circuits used the same color wire but didn't use near as much....Headlight, tail and stop lite,oil pressure lite.. That's it..No magic buttons that make lights blinke and engines turn over.... Kicker only...... If Your to drunk to start it... your to drunk to ride it.....LOL....Truthfully I haven't been drunk on mine since '95....Yes it ended with a crash...A beer for each wheel is the rule of thumb now....Keep the dirty side down....

Comment

yeah as you could tell from the pics i eliminated the signals as well. It didnt have a mastercylinder or front caliper when I got it, so i just use rear brake...it works great. I have only laid down 1 bike. I was 15 and lied to the dealer guy and tried to take a fatboy for a test ride, i laid it down in an intersection at a dead stop, and i couldn't pick it back up...lol. I left it and came home, freaking out, i told my dad what happened and he busted out laughing. He then admitted he did the exact same thing when he was about my age. I almost got killed by a crotch rocket i thought was a good idea to get. A race ready ZX6R. I was crusing about 60 mph on it and thought it a good idea go go from cruise throttle to half throttle really fast, it took off like a fucking missle I went from 60 to 150 faster than i could remember to breath, and from what I was told, the front wheel wasn't even on asphalt for a half mile. I rode it back home at a safe 45 mph, parked it and sold it without ever getting on it again.

Comment

I plan on building something older eventually, but after the issues I had with the last 2 bikes before my brand new harley I figured I wanted something I could just hop on and ride. I'm no biker, so the year or hardcore nature of my bike is completely irrelevant to me. =)

Comment

Yeah, but you are practical,and I'm just fucking nuts.

Comment

Plus, after a tripto helen for octoberfest,you will get off yourbike and walk normally. I will be walking around the town for two hours like Michael J. Fox having an episode......"ww ....ww.....oooow. ww....wwhat ...a....aa....nice.....rrr...iide.......)

Comment

Working...
                              X