Monster Bash - June 6th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Kevin.

Should be fun still though - I'd like to plan something big to do around september and really do some cool shit in October. Sitting around in the GA heat isn't a huge selling point for most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
      Any one from out of town coming? I think this will probably be the worst hearse turn out so far.
      I can't speak to the hearse turn out, but I'll be there and I'm bringing a few members of Freaks of Nature up in their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
        Any one from out of town coming? I think this will probably be the worst hearse turn out so far.
        Won't be able to make it this year. I HATE MY JOB!!!

Comment

i think we need an event that is uniquely ours. something that is big enough to be fun and attractive, yet small enough to be manageable. something where we can include other elements of the car community, yet still retain a bit of an edge. something like "hey, come party with us if you're not a ricer, a trailer queen, or a douche. we're good people."

Zach apparently does a great job with hearse con. I'm not saying we co-opt his idea, but it would be nice if we had a similar event that could be our own. I don't think it's really feasible for most of us who are east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon line to really attend hearse con anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
            i think we need an event that is uniquely ours. something that is big enough to be fun and attractive, yet small enough to be manageable. something where we can include other elements of the car community, yet still retain a bit of an edge. something like "hey, come party with us if you're not a ricer, a trailer queen, or a douche. we're good people."

Zach apparently does a great job with hearse con. I'm not saying we co-opt his idea, but it would be nice if we had a similar event that could be our own. I don't think it's really feasible for most of us who are east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon line to really attend hearse con anyway.
            I'll co-sign on that, hes right we should steal zach's idea... maybe not but we do need to do something...
            Last edited by v8nightmare; 06-03-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

The first few years of monster bash it was like that. We had shit loads of hearses coming from all over the country; kentucky, texas, missouri. It was our kind of people. Now its how many drunk rockabilly greasers can we fit in one place

Comment

i have nothing against rockabilly greasers per se, but they tend to be dicks when together in numbers. i think it's part of their scene requirements. i can't think of one rockabilly show i've been to where they don't start throwing around PBR all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                  i have nothing against rockabilly greasers per se, but they tend to be dicks when together in numbers. i think it's part of their scene requirements. i can't think of one rockabilly show i've been to where they don't start throwing around PBR all over the place.
                  Ok spot on, but that shits way too much fun

Comment

if i was gonna get a beer shower, i'd rather it be something like, guiness, or yuengling.

Comment

Suppost to be around 90 degrees and 40 % chance of thunderstorms.... bring umbrellas, tents, and anything else to keep you dry and cool.

Comment

So this is my thought around Monster Bash this year - I'm going just to see you guys and to hang out for a bit. I'd rather go to Pauly's thing on Sunday (plus I'm getting a huge tattoo on Saturday, so I'm probably going to be pretty prone to just sitting around). I don't like the fact that they didn't even ask us if we were coming this year, didn't tell us about it in any way, didn't thank us at all for the years we've been coming out there. I'd much rather organize something locally and have a bunch of people come and hang out. I haven't had a weekend that we have nothing planned in months (and doesn't look like much open on the horizon), so when we plan on doing something it needs to at least be worth doing and fun.

Let's do some brainstorming on Sunday with some ideas, dates and what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                          So this is my thought around Monster Bash this year - I'm going just to see you guys and to hang out for a bit. I'd rather go to Pauly's thing on Sunday (plus I'm getting a huge tattoo on Saturday, so I'm probably going to be pretty prone to just sitting around). I don't like the fact that they didn't even ask us if we were coming this year, didn't tell us about it in any way, didn't thank us at all for the years we've been coming out there. I'd much rather organize something locally and have a bunch of people come and hang out. I haven't had a weekend that we have nothing planned in months (and doesn't look like much open on the horizon), so when we plan on doing something it needs to at least be worth doing and fun.

Let's do some brainstorming on Sunday with some ideas, dates and what to do.
                          you know im just not feeling the bash this year busted my hand up last weekend so i just don't feel like it

so i will toss in get you asses out of the city and yes monroe is the city hehe and come to the mountains and lets do a overnight campout bon fire with beer and guns hell i might even let you guys blow a 78 away before it goes to the crusher......

Comment

yeah let's pow wow sunday. i'm not opposed to a trip north for beer, camping, and guns.

Comment

If we blow away a hearse it MUST be recorded for all to enjoy.

Comment

To be honest I'm not feeling the shit either. I just wanna get on the bike and ride, which has kind of been my thing lately. Now a shooting thing would be cool, I could bring Doug and together we out arm the national guard....... He just go this new 7.62x54 semi auto sniper rifle that kicks ass, and between the 2 of us we have about 10000 rounds of that ammo alone....

Comment

Working...
                                X