No announcement yet.

Dead Ends T-shirt design contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross just reminds me of Nazis, although they took and used the Swastika for their own purposes just as the bike gangs did the same to their Iron Cross, so I don't have too much of a problem with it since these days it is more of a sign of rebellion, but I just can't forget the roots.

Of course the skull and bones just reminds me of pirates, and yeah the cartoon pirates are neat and all, but real ones will shoot you and leave you for dead, and that's if you're lucky. They can get bored so skinning you alive might be more fun for them.

I've heard a couple of my members say "It's a hearse club, there should be a hearse somewhere in the logo" so take that advice however you like.

Comment

He called me during the sonic meet, just after they left. He told me he was gonna redo another cross design, more of a gothic cross because the iron cross its do over done with the chopper crowd.
      And the skull one is basically the same one I had on my leather jacket.

Comment

Keep in mind the gothic cross is seen as a bit of a religious symbol. This might exclude some pagans and atheists so I'd avoid any religious symbols.

Maybe a gothic designed iron cross? Iron cross was always more of a military decoration anyway.

Comment

Yeah we don't want to end up with this again......

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
            Yeah we don't want to end up with this again......

Dead Ends Hearse Club: Because Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction was the best album EVA!!!!

Comment

technically the iron cross has its roots as a military award from the state of prussia, and later united germany. but yeah, i'm not crazy about that design.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                technically the iron cross has its roots as a military award from the state of prussia, and later united germany. but yeah, i'm not crazy about that design.
                Yeah that's basically what I said, but thanks for more background on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                  Keep in mind the gothic cross is seen as a bit of a religious symbol. This might exclude some pagans and atheists so I'd avoid any religious symbols.

Maybe a gothic designed iron cross? Iron cross was always more of a military decoration anyway.
                  they are only gonna be sold to due paying members so it really doesnt matter if it offends the general public

Comment

i would personally rather have something a little more hearse-specific than a cross. Whatever we choose, we should make sure the design will transfer well to the t-shirt (and possibly sticker) mediums. i'm not really sure what the specifications are. the picture above shows a t-shirt design with a pretty good amount of detail.

Comment

WOW!!! Cheap Guucci shoes, thats awesome! Just what im looking for! That reminds me though, when are we going to decide on a shirt design?

Comment

That IS the new design!

Front: Dead Ends Hearse Club

Back: "Cheap Gucci shoes, Polo Shirts Wholesale, Nike Air Max Shoes, Cheap Supra Shoes.....also, we like funeral cars"

Comment

That is most excellent!

Comment

GUS MUST DEAD

Comment

for the small logo on the front i was thinking a skull and crossbones, but instead of bones use landau bars, and underneath it have "Dead Ends: the more you dis-approve the more fun it is for me(or us)

Comment

Working...
                              X