A possible change in the rules regarding regional members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible change in the rules regarding regional members

Right, seeing as how we're a part of the NHAA and all I don't think our club really needs to offer national membership anymore and was thinking of localizing it to 100 miles outside of the Detroit area. Of course all current members that are outside that area will be grandfathered in. This way we also don't get multiple people in multiple clubs with "I'M IN 30 HEARSE CLUBS!!!!11111oneoneeleven". Obviously anyone in any other club or who just owns a hearse would still be welcome to come hang out with us if they're in town as a guest as well. I just want to get people's opinions on this.

Ya know, i agree cause i think some people really try to just be horse's ass and belong to as many hearse clubs as they can. If ya wanna just b.s with other hearse people come here, makes a hell of a networking tool. and hah either way id still be in the dead society so either way im safe lol. But yeah i really think ya should just to keep the club locally cuz as you said the dead socitey aint a nation thing. so yeah i think ya sould. me myself

Comment

That's how it should have from the beginning, I think.

Comment

Also what defines "Detroit area"

Minimum we include Flint and Ann Arbor. Max I think 100 miles. I'm still taking votes so we'll see how this turns out.

Comment

Not part of your club but in my opinion national members is just more publicity for your club. More support, and the minute you start denying members for whatever reason the more you start sounding like the dreaded PCS. Keep it open and attract as many hearse owners as possible. Who knows ,someone that lives in another state near another club might get hooked up with you cuz they saw your site and you become a gateway for a new local club member for another club and vice versa. In my opinion with as few of us that are out there ,the more ways we can get to find more people like us ,the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jlprigmore View Post
            Not part of your club but in my opinion national members is just more publicity for your club. More support, and the minute you start denying members for whatever reason the more you start sounding like the dreaded PCS. Keep it open and attract as many hearse owners as possible. Who knows ,someone that lives in another state near another club might get hooked up with you cuz they saw your site and you become a gateway for a new local club member for another club and vice versa. In my opinion with as few of us that are out there ,the more ways we can get to find more people like us ,the better.
            You're still a part of the NHAA = part of our club (kind of) and as a hearse owner your opinion counts highly in my book for that reason as well.

I was thinking also all of Michigan or 50 miles outside of Detroit.

The PCS are idiots for different reasons though. I think it makes it more unique not letting anyone just get into the club.

But I don't know, that's why I'm asking here.

Also for future reference ALL MEMBERS on this forum can post their opinions on any matters we bring up in here unless specifically stated otherwise (although I can't think of any instance where we would do that).

Comment

I can definetely see your point. I talk to Hearse_SS quite a bit and theres a good chance I might be working in michigan real soon and I would like to attend an event you guys might be having at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jlprigmore View Post
                I can definetely see your point. I talk to Hearse_SS quite a bit and theres a good chance I might be working in michigan real soon and I would like to attend an event you guys might be having at the time.
                Well as a part of the NHAA you get access to all our events as well anyway.

We've got one guy (Stan) who we hang out with on a regular basis but he's not a member (yet, we're still trying to win him over).

So really this doesn't effect much other than who can and cannot become a member.

Comment

Scary, I see where your coming from.
                  The way we (I) set R.I.P. up was a local / open club. We have a very "loose" definition of "members". As a mater of fact, our R.I.P. club itself can be discribed as 'loose'. No real officers, format, requirements, etc... basically a group of guys out to have fun with their procars. If someone has an idea, sees an event, wants to do something different... we call each other and show up to have fun.

R.I.P was basically set up to run between Buffalo & Syracuse N.Y. (so we can meet each other - which I guess is what you're aiming for), and we advertize heavely on that fact, but we still accept anyone.

On our web site we only list "Locals" as members, but between NHAA, my "Yahoo" board, and my "MySpace", anyone can (basically) join and interact with us / each other.

This keeps us local, but still opens us up Nationwide.

Comment

I can see both points and its very hard to vote on which way it should be. Personally, I do like a small closely knit club and if others are still members of the NHAA they would gain access to meets and all that other stuff. So I vote for the local membership. Though, I am still open to meeting other babes from other clubs!

Comment

so i never say anything on here so now i finally will... i agree on local membership unless the person cant find any club closer to them and we are the nearest club, but if that happens they should be an owner and not an enthusiast... also, scary guy, u and i BOTH know we need more active members than me, u, brant and todd... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Autopsy View Post
                        also, scary guy, u and i BOTH know we need more active members than me, u, brant and todd... lol
                        Yeah, I know... Thought you were making a new account because you hated this name?

In any case we really need to work on it. Nix counts now too btw and there are a few others that are active but don't actually own a hearse.

Also you can ALWAYS find a closer club, that's the entire point of the NHAA. I guess limiting membership to Michigan is fine then. Perhaps we should make a US map of hearse clubs and color in regions/boarders. Or maybe use a service like http://www.frappr.com to do that.

Anyhow it's good to see you posting in any case.

Comment

Active

I should be fairly active now that I have a regular schedule of work and my hearse is back in my possession. Prepare yourselves.

Comment

i should be making another outting when i come back to michigan if i end up moving... ill be back to get my car in early spring most likely... dont wanna drive it out to PA in the dead of winter

Comment

Originally posted by Autopsy Hooker View Post
                              i should be making another outting when i come back to michigan if i end up moving... ill be back to get my car in early spring most likely... dont wanna drive it out to PA in the dead of winter
                              Driving to Lansing was insane, but I've made it before. You should be committed for thinking it will make it to PA though. Get it towed.

Comment

Working...
                              X