No announcement yet.

1962 cadillac superior windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atti mentioned that the top doesnt fit right and the sides are too wide on the Chinese molded 59-64CC, but the mexican was only too wide, I guess they fixed only half the issues. Maybe When India makes a mold they will get it right! or just find and bring back the US molds...

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
      Different windshields Creepy. '59-'64 verses '65-'70.
      Lol, I got ya. I just saw a few different years in his sig, and wasn't sure which he was talking about.

Comment

Nik, Were you able to use the Mexican glass with any modifications or as is? I am weeks away from ordering glass for my '62. Any other info would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

As it sits currently, it is still approximately 3/8 inch to wide. I have not had time to play with it at all. The passenger side which we set in first fits perfect and the driver side is 3/8 inch sticking past the A pilar. I have a feeling if I slide the windshield over toward the passenger side, it may even out enough to where it could work. As soon as I find time I will try and let you know. It rained last night, so I would like to get that thing sealed ASAP!

Comment

Thanks Nik!

If you would, let me know how it fits when it gets installed and where you got it. I am getting ready to buy and want to get the best out there. I simply have not found any originals near me anywhere.

Much appreciated!

Tammy

Comment

Where would I find a screen for my 55 Superior ??

Comment

Commercial glass windshields did not come into play until '59. As such, your '55 is a standard Cadillac offering. Be aware there are different height windshields in '55 and the one you need is the same used in Series 75.

Comment

Atti I'll be up in the shed first thing in the morning armed with my tap measure. Someone told me that the Superior '55 screen was higher than the standard screen but with your knowledge I'm gunna sleep much better. How hard is it to get a '55 series 75 screen in the US and can you get a laminated version ?
                  Last edited by Evilstretch; 01-30-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

'54-'56 Cadillac windshield heights in order from shortest to tallest:

Biarritz (75% certainty, other 25% being same as 2 & 4 door hardtops)
                    2 and 4 door hardtops
                    sedan
                    limo

Body styles are the same in this three year period. Superior did NOT use their own windshield, rather tallest available, that of limo. Quick online search shows reproduction middle two height windshields readily available. Haven't checked further. Wouldn't surprise me if limo windshield has either not been reproduced or has such limited demand that a small batch is only run so often.

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
                      X