No announcement yet.

adding a club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the car clubs fight eachother, like the motorcycle clubs do?

Comment

We use our facebook page to drive traffic back here.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
        Do the car clubs fight eachother, like the motorcycle clubs do?
        We might start here in SoCal, you know, to keep club morale up.

Comment

Originally posted by theonlyjohnson View Post
          We might start here in SoCal, you know, to keep club morale up.
          Absolutely, Morale is high due to the club brawls just last week! There was kicking and screaming, messing up of people hair, mass hysteria, wild piano playing and death...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Feelgood View Post
            Absolutely, Morale is high due to the club brawls just last week! There was kicking and screaming, messing up of people hair, mass hysteria, wild piano playing and death...
            All in all a great turn out too. we should have another event like that again, and soon

Comment

Originally posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
              I'd guess its probably just easier to use an android phone with facebook.
              Shit, I use an Android, that shit is awesome.
              Last edited by Scary Guy; 10-09-2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: Stopped using Google+

Comment

Just a suggestion since we are having quite a few new hearse owners on the site checking in and asking about any hearse clubs in their area.....what about in the descript area on the main page of the NHAA Member Clubs section placing a brief "home/base area" that the majority of club members reside in and/or that they offer membership to. A brief glance at that would help everyone out in seeing just how widespread our interest is.

example: ABC Hearse Club
                based in TX/memberships TX, NM, OK

Comment

An easy way to find clubs (or make one) would be adding "location" to the NHAA membership list. Just click the tab and you could instantly find people in your area (e.g... NY, Rochester) If there is a club, someone will know - if not, find close people and start one.

Comment

Also sticking the club's location in their subforum description might be a good idea as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                      Also sticking the club's location in their subforum description might be a good idea as well.
                      Yes. There is only a couple listing a location, msc0nduct's group and ours, ours being the most pointed (State & City(s)). Don't know how this happen but I'm a happy camper. If all listings had that, it could be a big help to someone.

Comment

exactly, i was looking to see if there are any clubs in my area, but can't tell where most are....

Comment

Just now reading this thread.

Yeah we have (soon to be had) a facebook page. The problem with the damn timeline is that you can't organize anything, and if you don't log onto it 79 times a day, you miss important information. We have a website with a very complete and up to date calendar of events, but some Zuckerberg fans go to facebook and post "what time is the event on Saturday?"

Comment

I think they do that on purpose just so you have to check the site more often.

Like I said, you should check into using the Google calender. Much easier, you can integrate it with the site, and it sends update reminders to your e-mail and phone (and anyone who subscribes to it can opt into those as well).

Speaking of Steve, you should consider joining the NHAA as well. Maybe have the members take a vote even.

Although I wish we did more than just a forum but the south eastern regional meet is a start at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                              you should consider joining the NHAA as well.
                              Yep, asked Chris DiGanci (pyschoholic) about it. He said it is was simple, so I said let's go ahead and do it! That was several days ago, and haven't heard anything else back.

I also looked at using the Google calendar, but because there are a few of us that would be adding events, I don't like how the site assigns ownership of the event based on your google identity. For example, if one member puts up an event, I don't think I would have the ability of editing it, and vice versa. Maybe we could create a generic profile?

Comment

I'm lazy and unreliable - I can live with that. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X