No announcement yet.

84 Superior build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was sooo excited we got to take him out on his maiden voyage this evening. he is running pretty good. just has a few little issues left. should be ready for the September NOLAHearse cruise night

Comment

Excellent! That came out great guys.

And thanks for recommending us too.

Comment

Oh wow - looking good!!!! Can't wait to see it!

Comment

I had posted somewhere sunday was moody hearse day. I started out fine jumped on the interstate and accelerated to 60. A few blocks in the hearse started to act like it was starving for fuel. I got off and went down vets at about 40 all seemed ok. I turned onto causeway and it started again at about 35. It was acting like if the fuel pump or accelerator pump in carb was messed up. I've had problems with other vehicles in the past and the symptoms were very similar. I got to the warehouse area for the photo shoot. We then went to get some food a few blocks away. Hearse was acting fine. When I left I turned back onto causeway and bam wouldn't go over 20. It killed 3 times. I left it a few feet off jeff hwy and went home to get truck and trailer with some gas. I had put some cheap gas in the Hearse a few days earlier. Returned with gas filled it up and it started. Drove down jeff hwy just past clearview and it started acting up again. This time it never killed just would only idle. Put the car on the trailer. When I got home it repeated the symptoms again in the driveway, so i pulled the fuel filter. It is new and looked ok. I clean it anyway. I noticed the check valve on the filter seemed like it wasnt where it should have been. I messed with it some until it pissed me off and then I just threw it and the spring away. Reinstalled the filter and found a vac line off a port on carb. I then decided to drop the fuel tank. The sending unit isn't in the best condition so I thought it would be best to replace it. Here we go again,, there are none available in this city nor can anyone get one even when it shows special order on almost every parts supplier's web site. The closest I came was napa and they claimed they could get it from canada. It would take 1 week and cost around $150.00. So I decided to clean up the one I had. The pickup screen is just pressed on. It sort of had a crunchy feel to it. By the time I was done I litterally had a small hanful of sand like trash in my hand.I cleaned the pickup screen with carb cleaner. The fuel tank is beautiful, no rust on the inside, very little on the out side. I still cleaned it up and rust converted the exterior of the tank. Reinstalled everything and the Hearse seems to be ok.

Comment

I tried using the check valves also. Never worked. Removing Them 1 of the best things, fuel just wouldn't flow thru Them.

Comment

Working...
            X