• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It worked, thanks!

Comment

Heads will turn for that one

Comment

Sounds awesome Ray, love to see a BBC down in any vintage Caddy!

Comment

Sounds really good man...nice transplant!

Comment

wow what year that engine from? sounds lopey! i like it

what is a turbo 425? is that a beefed up th400?

Comment

It's a 2000 L29 Vortec. This engine was in My dually that went swimming in Katrina with 44000 miles. Flushed it about 6 weeks after and it sat for over 6 yrs. Pulled it and rebuilt it. The cam is the roller that is is used in the 425 hp air boat motors around here. Also the ZZ454. The intake is a 40 yr old Weiand low rise that was used for the Corvettes because of low hood clearance. Using the origional AFB from the 429. My main goal was not to cut the hood, and this worked even with the big 429 air cleaner. Whats cool is retaining the 1 belt serpentine system. The ac compressor will be converted to an air compressor, at least thats the plan. Still working on the shift linkage, ended up starting in reverse and driving in park. I have a new 400 shot NOS left over from the digger, will add that when I do the fuel system. The L29 does not have a provision for mechanical pump, so will be elec with a regulator later, thats why it was running out the jug. The 425 has an extra clutches and different planetary for the heavier motorhomes. This was a 1974.

Comment

Dang, Ray, I didn't know ya had it in ya. ( That thing called work ) not other things. LOL!!!!!

Comment

I Do work a lot, I just don't get paid. Still lookin for a Sugga Momma.

Comment

great hearse either way, lets not get side tracked.

Comment

holy shit! you gonna put a 400 shot on that thing?! Tony better look out. that 64 is gonna be a BEAST!!

Comment

Ray, when will it be ready to bring out to cruize nights?

Comment

Be a while, redoing almost all the rear interior. Then the body work. The main thing I wanted was to get it to move on it's own, hurricane season coming quick. This should be the last gig for the 72, getting the 75 road ready and legal. The police was not amused with the California license plate.

Comment

Joke-em if they can't take a f*#@!!!!!

Comment

Oooo. Ray's in trouble with the po-po. Not a surprise tho. Haha

Comment

Can't imagine you ever having a problem with the police

Comment

Working...
                                X