1957 1958 cad gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 1958 cad gas tank

I just got in from ups my new gas tank for my 58.

it looks to be a great piece, it was made my Auto City Classic.inc, autocity@att.net 763-444-5880

It was 499.00 on the tank, i ordered a new sending unit that was 45.00 and a new set of straps and bolts and that was 25.00. I have to do some cleaning up around the car befor i put it in. I will keep every one posted on how it goes in.

Its just nice to see that someone would take the time to reproduce a tank that is not so popular. Im thrilled to get it.
    Attached Files

Nice! That will make for some good peace of mind about fuel delivery. Where did you get the send unit?

Comment

I got the sending unit from the same company i got the tank. It looks to be made ok. We will see how it works but it was not alot of money. Again very happy to see some one make it instead of having to send the old one out to get rebuilt.

Comment

dropped the old tank out, very happy i have a new one.DSCN0655.jpg

Comment

might it be worthwhile to coat the inside before installing it, raw steel rusts fast. Are you going to do anything to the outside??

Comment

the outside has some paint on it but i may give it another coat of paint. I do not like to coat the tanks if i do not have too. With the ethnoal fuel we have i have seen it seperate the coated tanks so i think i will leave that alone.

Comment

Working...
            X