No announcement yet.

Getting Morticia ready for Asheville!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have a good used tranny mount. shoot me an email at russ85747@hotmail.com I would need to check measurments. It came from a Hydra-Matic

Comment

I found one of these online (I found it cheaper) and I think it might be the right one. If it's not, I'll hit you up Pyro.

Comment

Definatly would like to know if it fits. Thats a good price.

Comment

IT FITS!!

For future use, if someone needs it - a 1972 cadillac commercial chassis with a long shaft turbo hydromatic 400 (TH400) requires a Westar EM-2320 transmission mount for the transmission crossmember.

Comment

Got the transmission in, exhaust in (what a pain in the ass the header collector bolts were), welded new brackets, I think she's ready to fire up tomorrow and shake down. Still need to solve my brakes issue and run the new fuel system.

Comment

I forgot to point out that the TCI Streetfighter DID NOT FUCKING FIT. This was of course after spending a while getting the transmission into the car only to find out that the bolt circle was the wrong size. After driving back down to Summit for the umpteenth time, I got a nice Hughes 2500 stall street/strip converter and it worked fine.

The selection of header bolts that I bought from Summit were shit, of 6 bolts, 4 of them either cross threaded or just broke when I was putting them in (and I was doing it by hand, no air involved). Had to buy new bolts, so now I have a nice collection of 4 grade 8 bolts and 2 of the summit bolts because the grade 8 were too long. Welded in some new brackets towards the back and fixed the broken one.

Fixed the brakes issue, turns out that I didn't have them adjusted out enough when I put in the new studs - fixed that.

Since we could get to most of the gas tank while I had the rear wheels off, we decided to tackle the fuel system. Got the loud as shit pump hooked up right above the gas tank, ran some 18 feet of that beautiful 6-an fuel line, up to the very nice regulator and gauge. The only thing I'm missing right now is the actual Edelbrock fitting that goes into the carb. Also installed the electric choke (she hasn't had a choke in probably 10 years).

(that isn't that bullshit from autozone that you wrap regular hose with, that is the real shit)

Funny thing happened when pulling the transmission the first time though, the little loop at the top of the dipstick broke, and the supposed replacement was another 4" longer. I tried welding the loop back on and cut right through it. Busted out the plasma cutter, cut the loop off the new one and welded that bitch onto the old dipstick.

Billy did a GREAT job on the transmission! I was pretty much convinced that if anything didn't work on it when we went on our test ride, I was just going to drive Nikki's Xterra up to Asheville instead and pay someone else to fix my car, but we took her out for a little while and she shifts reaaaaaaaal nice. I can't definitely tell that something was slipping because the difference in what is being put to the ground is night and freakin day. Gotta try it on dry ground, but she busted the ass end loose at about 45 mph.

Still can't figure out what is wrong with the gas gauge, but now realizing I can pretty much pull the pickup and float without taking the gas tank out will give me some options when I decide to fix that.

Comment

Looks nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Comment

Working...
                X