Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

58 Cadillac Superior Landaulette.... resurrection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Cadillac Superior Landaulette.... resurrection.

58CAD7212008.jpgdead end.jpgimage001-4.jpgSo, posting pictures and what has been accomplished so far in an effort to find motivation to plunge into the rust repair process.

The car:

1958 Cadillac Superior Combination (or Landaulette)

Upgrades:
    1979 Camaro Z28 sub-frame
    12" vented disc brakes
    Firewall mounted master cylinder and brake booster
    All new brake lines (hard and soft)
    All new 3/8" fuel lines
    Fuel tank redone
    New sending unit
    1973 Cadillac 472 with TH400 transmission
    HEi ignition
    New 2-1/4" dual exhaust with 24" glass packs

Currently:

The car runs, drives, and stops. Needs radiator installed. '59 firewall graft for A/C and heating on passenger side. Floor pans and rockers replaced. ( I have them) and last but not least - motivation!

The car has been sitting for about 6 months without even being looked at. I really need to find the time to finish it... or at least get it road worthy... even if it isn't pretty.

Pics of the build are her:
    http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/58%20Hearse/
    Last edited by Beladona_13; 07-15-2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: add pics

Very cool coach, excellent choice!

Comment

Nice to finally see you active here. Appreciated your email a few months back and looking forward to updates on the '58.

Comment

Great coach !!!! Luv 58's !!!!!

Comment

Do you still have the 73 donor car?

Comment

Atti - Thanks for the encouraging words... life keeps me busy enough that I have to nearly commit mutiny to get a few days to work on my coach... ah well! Wouldn't have it any other way...

Abnorml - I traded the shell of the Coupe for the sub-frame I put in my car... but I still have access to it... what parts do you need? Keep in mind, I have the engine, trans, driveshaft, A/C, Radiator, and most of the brakes on my coach...

Comment

The middle headlights lenses look like they are clear. Mine have the haze that old lenses get.

Comment

I'll call tomorrow and see if they are still available...

Comment

Love the pre 69 Cads

Comment

awsome car i would like to have one of those BAD!!! It looks like the stub matched up real nice. How is it for the width with the tires on it. I have seen some that the wheels get pushed out to far on a few cars but i know the caddy is pretty wide. nice job hopefully you keep on it. If you loose the love for it keep me in mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X