wife's hotrod pickup project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife's hotrod pickup project

partys-projects 059.jpgpartys-projects 048.JPGpartys-projects 043.JPGpartys-projects 057.jpgpartys-projects 062.jpgSince the panel is nearing completion i have had the chance to get back to working on my wifes truck. We will be building the frame for it, in the next couple of weeks. So i wanted to lay back the fire wall on it. It is a 33 dodge pickup, and i think mopars had way to big of firewalls so i took 5" out of the top and 1' out of the bottom. now i think it flows well with the doors. I also included a picture of the powerplant for it. It is a 354 chrysler hemi, she wants it stick, and a line lock on it so she can fry the not cheap cheater slicks it has. I guess some one has to help keep the tire companys in business.

What a BEAST that truck is going to be!!! Can't wait to see it with the top chopped (hope your wife is short AND small) LOL

Comment

Saw a mid 50s Ford p/u at a show this summer. Had one of those old hemis in it. Totally trick looking. A nice change from the Chevy crate engine.

Comment

Very very cool!

Comment

Rod or Rat? If you Rat it, it could be out in public in half the time - spit shine it later. (ya, I like rats). Shell looks really good.

Comment

That thing is going to be SICK!

Comment

Im all about rat stuff also! I do custom paint and i hate to clean and polish my stuff, if that ,make's any sence. That is why i paint alot of my own stuff satin paint. Every now and then you just give it a hose down and a shammy and you ready to rock. It is going to have a little of that 60's show rod look. My wife wants the pinup devil girl on it to be like the bride of my avatar. That is on the trunk of my 62 chrysler 300. Soo we are going to take the devil theme and run with it. She also wants the paint satin and not shiney. I spent this weekend rebuilding the windshield header in it, it was also all rotten out it looks great now. Im trying to get all that stuff done so i can chop the top on it. Then my buddy-car club brother is a black smith and he builds some super sick cool ass frames. he wants it in about a week and he wants the top down so we can get a good feel for it. The frame is going to look like a devil tail from the side and im going to take some of those body lines and bring them to points and stuff. It should look pretty bad ass. Another rolling art project like i like. I never like to build stuff that looks like other peoples stuff. And yes my wife is a foot shorter then me. She is 5 -3 so she will fit in it good with the 6' channel job and im going to take 4' out of the roof. It does not have real tall windows from the factory with that old mopar. I will probable look like a monkey trying to hump a foot ball in it. I will keep posting pics of the progress if you guys want to see it.

Comment

That'll be a way kOoL ride when it's done...

Comment

Looking good Rocky!! May have to come up and take a look when i get a chance

Comment

You are welcome to come over any time. just give me a call to make sure im around.

Comment

Working...
                    X