Covering a top in Bed liner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering a top in Bed liner?

My father in law had the idea of covering my top in truck bed liner? Anyone ever done this? How does it look?

I had this Line-X sprayed on my hearse when I had Her painted. If you do it yourself do your research first. Don't buy the cheap stuff, it will cost more in the end. My friend did her's in cheap bed liner and within a week rust was coming through. I had mine done by Line-X and haven't had any problem. I have lots of compliments from "regular" people to hearse people. Most don't know it's bed liner unless I tell them. If you plan on going with Line-X, you will need to do the top before you paint. It goes on at something like 300 degree and dries in seconds. It's easy to keep clean and don't have to worry about it, at all.
    Here is a link to my picture on photobucket,
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Why do you suggest to do it befor paint? Is it due to the heat or the possible mess they might make? On the side note it looks really nice on your car. I seen a whole car done in it it was a 48ish chrysler and it was done in orange, and had a sunkist stuff painted on it. It fit well of the rounded car. And you have to love no maintance!

Comment

The Guy at Our local Linex said the same thing. He was more worried about the cheaper paint jobs like Maaco and the Earl Schribe type jobs , something about the cure times. They quoted Mine @ $550.00 for My 1/2 roof, so I passed. I was impressed with the product. I shot Mine My Self with Gravi-Tex plus. Went on easy and turned out ok for Me. I did Mine for about $70 including the special gun, had 1 spot come thru, but that was My fault. It does dull, but hot shine brings it right back. Can't beat the Linex, but was just too much at the time for Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum Rocky View Post
          Why do you suggest to do it befor paint? Is it due to the heat or the possible mess they might make? On the side note it looks really nice on your car. I seen a whole car done in it it was a 48ish chrysler and it was done in orange, and had a sunkist stuff painted on it. It fit well of the rounded car. And you have to love no maintance!
          I was asked when I called Line-X if my hearse was painted. He said, if it was painted I would have to wait three months to make sure the paint was cured.
          I saw in a 4x4 magazine a Ford Ranger covered in bed liner. It was a yellowish color. It was not done for looks.

Comment

Mine was done by Inyati.
            It was applied over primer that was sprayed on a few days earlier.

Comment

I removed the vinyl top on my 80 due to the seams coming undone. I put a DIY liner on there from Rhino. It's holding up fairly well. As others have suggested, be aware of the work you do, if you don't seal the top or where the chrome attaches properly, you will get moisture going into the body and panels.

I like the look of it, which surprised me. When it comes time for me to get the 80 painted, I'll have a spray on liner done.

Comment

Working...
              X