Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first hearse!

Hello all!
    I'm paul from MD and new to the forum and hearses. I recently aquired a 1969 Meteor Meteor endloader. I'm stoked to have it! I build customs and have had a couple old caddys and some other sleds incuding a 62 and 59 Buick LeSabre a few shoe box fords and impalas and pontiacs. I have a steel 26 T roadster done traditional and a 57 chevy 2 door 210 in progress.

But I'm concentration in the hearse right now. It runs fair and is pretty rust free and clean in and out but years of poor treatment is rearing its ugly head at every turn. I've been perusing this site and found lots of good ideas. I wanna keep my miller clean and simple, but tastefully done. I'm not real big into skulls and all that jazz. But it is neat when people go all out with them like that. I'm taking inspiration from Creepy Cruisers hearse. What a beauty. I saw that car when I was researching hearses before I got mine and that thing floored me. I want a clean smooth low all black hearse on air. But instead of billit or chrome rims I have steelies and wide whites.

Ill try to get pics up and keep posted on progress. In the mean time I gotta lotta mechanical work to do to a neglected 472 as well as brake systems.

Jus thought id introduce myself and let ya know what I'm working on. I gotta hit the tech section haha! Talk to you guys soon!

Cool, go have fun with that.

Comment

Ok cool yea ill do that. Thanks.

Comment

Good Luck with the '69! I've got a '69 M&M in my project pile too!

Comment

IMG_6070.jpg
          Here's mine! I think we have the same taste. I will finally have it on the road this summer! I've also had a few 60's Cads and various trucks, all low stuff. I made up my mind to let some of them go so I could concentrate on my hearse (and my 31 model project!) It's a 67 Miller Meteor Limo style endloader, the specific one I have always wanted. Lets see some pics of yours! The 69/70 Cadillac front clip is what initially drew me to big cruisers, and that front end looks especially mean when its on a laid out hearse!

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
            Hello all!
            I'm paul from MD and new to the forum and hearses. I recently aquired a 1969 Meteor Meteor endloader. I'm stoked to have it! I build customs and have had a couple old caddys and some other sleds incuding a 62 and 59 Buick LeSabre a few shoe box fords and impalas and pontiacs. I have a steel 26 T roadster done traditional and a 57 chevy 2 door 210 in progress.

But I'm concentration in the hearse right now. It runs fair and is pretty rust free and clean in and out but years of poor treatment is rearing its ugly head at every turn. I've been perusing this site and found lots of good ideas. I wanna keep my miller clean and simple, but tastefully done. I'm not real big into skulls and all that jazz. But it is neat when people go all out with them like that. I'm taking inspiration from Creepy Cruisers hearse. What a beauty. I saw that car when I was researching hearses before I got mine and that thing floored me. I want a clean smooth low all black hearse on air. But instead of billit or chrome rims I have steelies and wide whites.

Ill try to get pics up and keep posted on progress. In the mean time I gotta lotta mechanical work to do to a neglected 472 as well as brake systems.

Jus thought id introduce myself and let ya know what I'm working on. I gotta hit the tech section haha! Talk to you guys soon!
            Thanks for the great comments. It's been such a great project for me. (I can't believe I missed this thread earlier, lol)

Comment

Cool ride!!! im always a fan of the hearse living the low life.

Comment

Well my hearse is coming along. I've replaced the MC, all brake lines, trans lines, belts, hoses, thermostat, brake hoses, wheel cylinders, points, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, battery, alternator, and starter. Whew.

I also welded up all the trim holes. Body work is next. But ill do that while I drive it. Its now sitting on new bias white walls and 7" 70' C-10 steel wheels. Now its begging to be slammed. I'm stoked about it.

Id love to get pics up but I use the forum on my droid so I need to figure out how to get them up.

And creepycruiser, no prob for the kind words. Thanks for the inspiration lol love to check out your hearse and check out your setup. A full plug n play system is on deck for mine.

And longshore, I actually prefer the front end of a 67-68 better. I'm considering trying to swap a 68 clip to my 69. Wanna trade?? Lol

Comment

Sounds like you've been busy. Glad to hear you got things moving along successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
                    And creepycruiser, no prob for the kind words. Thanks for the inspiration lol love to check out your hearse and check out your setup. A full plug n play system is on deck for mine.
                    l
                    Plug and Play for a Hearse? (more info please)

Comment

Pics!

Comment

Creepy, i am gonna get the plug and play air management system for the convinence of having all the valves etc neatly boxed and the 9 switch box, but upgrade to heavy duty bags and compressor for the added weight.

Longshore, if i could figure out how to put pics from my phone up i would. Im sure theres a way. Ill get some up asap

Comment

I see, I though you meant you found a bolt up suspension brackets too and such, lol.

Comment

No way lol i wish. Even if they did make such a kit i wouldnt pay their 600 dollar mark up for convenience. Id rather make my own stuff anyway. Hows your 65 set up?

Comment

The list of mods is too huge, lol.

I basically jacked up the car, cut off all the original suspension with a sawsall, and started from scratch. Custom link suspension in the rear, modified and narrowed control arms up front, 4 wheels disk brakes, 8" narrower rear end to tuck the 10" wide wheels all the way around, all custom bag mounts, custom driveline, custom poly bushings, all new brake lines, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X