Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearse got an "altitude adjustment" this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude!

We need lots of pics of the perches and the build process if you've got them. If nothing else I'd love to see the workings (You too Creepy)

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
      Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I finally took the plunge on bagging my sled myself.
      It was about as hard as I suspected. About 12-15 labor hours. I could probably do it twice as fast next time.
      The lowest point is where the rear swing arms pivot at. It sits about 1 inch from the ground. I suppose if I completely removed the rubber snubbers front and rear the frame would lay flat, but I feel better about the safety factor that It will still drive in the event of some kind of failure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14072[/ATTACH]
      Just curious, what method did you use on the rear? I started with a Chevy style "truck arm" 2-link and ran into clearance issues and opted for an articulating 4-link. It would not take much to return it to original if I ever choose to sell it to someone wanting it that way.
      Although I don't "dance" her, 8 valves is the way to go. you can balance out each corner. (they never seem to sit totally level at ride height)

bagged.jpg

Comment

Hey Jus,
        This car is stock with the 2 long lower swing arms and that weird upper control arm thing that looks like it came from the front.
        Since it already had coils in the back, it was just a matter of removing the lower coil perches and mounting lower bag brackets in the same place. The upper was a typical angled cylinder mount.
        I didn't go with this company, but here is how and why link for the rear. (hope that helps a little Psych)
        Click on the instructions download.

There are instruction for the front also in the website, but they are for shockwaves. The idea is still the same.

I opted for 1/4" manual valves. Finding that "just right" height was more important than speed. 2 380 compressors. A pair of 30 cuft scuba tanks fit perfectly behind the 1/4 panels. I mean what the hell, they are rated at 2,000 psi right?

Comment

I forgot not everyone has leaf springs to deal with. I've done a few four-coil cars....simplifies a lot of fabrication

Comment

Working...
          X