looking for knowledge on buick procars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for knowledge on buick procars

I need to replace my driver's side bumper filler. I have an '88 Buick LeSabre hearse. Does anyone know what chassis was used to build the car. I am assuming the car was built off the '85 chassis because in '86 the LeSabre got really small. does anyone know if my assumption is correct?

IMAG0307.jpg This is the piece

Comment

I thought by 1985, GM stopped offering a commercial chassis, and passenger cars were stretched to build Hearses, I'd go looking for 88 Buick LaSabre's in junkyards, and see if they might be a match.

Comment

if you look at the difference between the 6th and 7th generations and then look at the front end of my '88 it looks much more like the 6th gen both in style and size. The bumper on the '88 passenger car is very different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_LeSabre and here is a picture of my front end.IMAG0308.jpg

Comment

i might be wrong but i think regular buick station wagon panels will fit. Like something from a electra wagon

Comment

hrmmm you may be right, the front of the electra estate wagon looks identical. Kind of weird if they used the electra chassis and the put the lesabre name all over it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ElectraEstate.jpg

Comment

i recently had a body shop fabricate a filler panel for me. the guy did a good job, so depending upon your time frame and budget, that might be a way to go.

Comment

my time frame is huge, but my budget is very small. I'm in no hurry, it doesn't affect the running of the car and isn't all that noticeable. I do want to paint the car eventually and know that that will need to be replaced when that time comes around. my main issue is knowing what my car is

Comment

A station wagon makes sense. Any idea which coachbuilder actually put the coach together? A Station wagon would have made a better starting point for the conversion, including the stretching.

Comment

its a superior

Comment

All you had to do was search the site for "filler panels" and it would lead you to http://www.replica-plastics.com/. I put a set on my 82 Cadillac hearse. They aren't the greastest fit, but I have seen brand new factory panels that have fit worse. They were reasonable in price and you'll never have to worry about them again. I would seal the backside.

Comment

well, it wasn't really a matter of finding the part, it was more the issue of finding what car i need to find the part for. my car says all over that it is an '88 buick lesabre, but the piece i need isn,t anywhere on an '88 buick lesabre.

Comment

It looks like maybe the same piece from a regal, t-type, electra, etc... will all fit.

Comment

Been pretty fortunate, everything that was damaged on the '88 Superior built Lincoln has come from the Pull-a-Part. Still a ton of Towncars of that generation around.

Comment

Looks like what you seek is an Electra or LeSabre. But it seems you'll have to get them from an Estate Wagon. All the coupes and 4 doors I found were of the front wheel drive variety.

Comment

Working...
                              X