No announcement yet.

59' Engine Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that's chickenshit trying to sell a boat anchor/door stop as a good core!
    I'll be watchin' this too, still sittin' on the '57 M&M and a '74 Sedan D'Elegance donor 472
    Good Luck on the next one!

Comment

That guy must be the laughing stock of his trailer park.

Comment

I recently ran across this site, www.modifiedcadillac.org, you may be able to get some advice from these people.

Comment

You need to do what we did......

Buy yourself a good running caddy...

Then pull the good running 472 out of it....

Then pull all the good parts off it...

Then sell whats left for scrap.

Comment

LMS, that's probly the best thing to do. That way you can heatthe engine, drive it, etc and know exactly what you got. I'm jus don't have the heart to dissasemble and scrap a good running car. Unless its really really crusty and way to far gone. We'll see what happens. My eyes are peeled for something either way.

Comment

The 70 we scrapped had a really nice interior, the glass was good, body was straight, engine ran good, but it had a very bad problem.....
              a few rust holes at the bottom of the rear window where water had leaked in for years through the trunk and rotted the frame out on both side to the point where it was really about to break.
              If it had not been for that severe frame rust we would have had the thing painted and just kept it.
              The key is to find one that runs, but is in shit shape so you won't mind parting it.

Comment

Working...
              X