my last top chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my last top chop

well its been awhile since i have been back on the board, im still have been plugging on stuff as always. i figured i would post some pics of the last top chop that i completed. It is a three door suburban i chopped 4 3/4" and layed back the windshield some, then we filled the rear quarter windows also. trying to talk him into putting on some irons on the side.rockerbox-suburban start 030.jpgworld of wheels 2012 071.JPGworld of wheels 2012 070.JPGsuburban finished 008.jpgsuburban finished 006.jpgsuburban finished 005.jpgsuburban finished 004.jpgsuburban finished 001.jpgsuburban progress richmond nascar race 020.jpgworld of wheels 2012 072.JPG

Looks tough. What prompted you to cut the upper roof section above the rear doors?

Comment

looks good, should do a hearse

Comment

I changed the waterfall angle "the angle of the posts" and on the back with the doors you can not lean those post. You need to keep the hinge pins in line or the doors would bind. So i chopped some from below the hinge and above. So the rear roof needed to get wider and also the top of the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
          looks good, should do a hearse
          i will be doing one also. I kind of chuckeled and said it good pratice befor i do that one. Kind of fun and tough working with those big long roofs. Im having to finish up on a couple of projects then i will post when i start cutting the hearse. I still need to get off my butt and get back to the wifes truck then its coach time.

Comment

I gotcha. It is definitely nice work. I think it may be the surfboard/chain combo that offers the initial badassness impact. Where did you come up with that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
              I gotcha. It is definitely nice work. I think it may be the surfboard/chain combo that offers the initial badassness impact. Where did you come up with that idea?
              My buddie that i did it for wanted the physco billy surfer thing.

Comment

Working...
              X