FOUND: '59 Superior 3-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND: '59 Superior 3-way

My post about this was nuked on the stodgy PCS forum, so...enjoy!

After much hunting, I finally found this goose chase coach:

The good? Original paint, never retouched, no bondo, no welding, *zero* rust! 3-way. Runs well.

The bad? Missing interior - front seat, panels, table. (Interior trim/molding are present.) Missing landau irons. Broken driver side read door glass.

Can't tell if this is an L-601 or an L-602 without seeing the body tag.

After speaking with Brady Smith, he is confident that the exterior items missing can be found easily enough, with the seat and table being more difficult, and the interior panels highly unlikely (for a proper restoration).

The non-negotiable price the seller placed is a whopping $7k for a rust free, running, '59 3-way! I'm still weighing options about purchasing. If I decide to pass however, whomever agrees to the following can have it:

1. Seller wants it pre-paid in full before showing up as to not deal with hagglers. Without revealing the location - figure it is in the South. I have several more pictures that can be forwarded.

2. 10% finder's fee to me for doing all the legwork turning up a desirable survivor. (Obviously I can flip it for considerably more myself.)

Drop me an email if you're interested.

59 hearse

im interested in the purchaes of the hearse please let me know if it is still available please e-mail me at kbmac61008@aol.com i access this e-mail more often thanks.

Comment

Paid FIRST???

That is insane.

I mean really now having full amount in cash in hand to see it is something I would forgive as I know there are a bunch of "tire kickers" around to waste ones time, but there is no way I'd pay for something till i had the chanve to go over it with a mechanic in person.

I do have to say however that is an amazing coach. I hope to own one of that type someday.

Comment

When I was younger, Xanthus, I would have agreed about paying first being atypical. However, international vehicle transactions take place on a regular basis with the same format - so really this is no different. The seller figures that a buyer will not be local and he doesn't want to waste anyone's time. Had it an overinflated eBay price...that would be a different story.

Not saying that I approve but I do respect his stance.

Comment

I agree on respecting the stance. A validated cashiers check or cash in hand would be measures I would accept were I set on buying that car. It is rare to find one in that shape of that year, so the price is reasonable.

I would just need a contract and a third party to pay for a car I had not seen from an individual. I paid for my own coach with only pictures taken by a friend along with a test drive given to him, but I was buying from a dealer that had a reputation.

I would want security before parting with 7K of my money, and what if I got there and did not want it?

Just seems a less secure than I would choose. Now you may have some assurances from this mystery seller I do not have knowledge of, but it's just my observation of it.

Now if you get it I really hope to see some pics. That is the quintessential hearse in my opinion and I so want to own one someday.

Comment

Attila I was going to PM you! Was wondering what happened to your post on PCS (I troll on there on the free forum) concerning this '59. I liked reading the posts & your replies... then today it was GONE! Welcome aboard to the NHAA it's good to see you here. So what happened? Did you get banished or just your post? Anyway you're welcome here...we're all misfits too that see no sense in charging you cash to speak your mind or surf our site. Welcome aboard!

Comment

That is a smoking deal for a '59!

Comment

It looks great for what it is and its' age! Having said that...

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD PAY $7K TO AN UNKNOWN PARTY FOR A CAR I CAN'T SEE FIRST! I DON'T CARE IF HE SHOT A MOVIE IN TECHNICOLOR OF EVERY INCH, TOP TO BOTTOM, OF THAT CAR.

I agree about having the full amount in hand, and even to a non-negotiable price sight unseen, but his terms reek of high risk for the buyer.

Where are YOU located Atti? Anywhere near us?

Comment

If I can't touch the car or hire someone to, before purchase, the car isn't for me.
                  Good luck to the risk taker that goes after that thing.

Comment

That was my worry. I mean nobody should buy much of anything from anyone they do not know without some assurances is all I was saying.

Comment

This '59 is spoken for awaiting payment completion. Will update further, natch. The buyer has purchased a hearse from the same seller before and did not hesitate. Even better? He has a rotted '59 Superior Crown 3-way parts car making this one complete! I told him to transfer the Crown and adjust the C pillars too. =)

And any further hearses the seller has can use this buyer as a reference...

Comment

Something seriously rubs me the wrong way about that car...fromt he way its sitting in the first pic...to the complete lack of interior...something is amiss here that the seller is not letting out...

Comment

Gotta' heart a conspiracy theorist.

Comment

Sent a friend a couple hours today for a personal inspection and photo shoot. I have uploaded over 170 photos here:

The potential buyer is receiving high shipping quotes so this is still available. I'll update this further in the morning.

Comment

DUDE - buy that thing if you've got the funds!

Comment

Working...
                              X