No announcement yet.

1951 S&S Cadillac Flower Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like some of the table stainless on the 51 is missing (rear boot). Is that stuff hard to have reproduced?

Comment

That is a good question Scott.

In short, depends on which pieces. Typically the 'boot' is straight forward, with pretty basic angle iron framework supporting stainless surround - no complex curves. The center portion of (usually hydraulic) stainless deck is almost flat, again - no complex curves. The curved stainless portion from the center to body? Now you're getting into fabricating trouble. Posts, rails, and boot pivots? Pretty much screwed unless access to spares. These were cast bronze/chromed.

Comment

It looks like at least the boot is missing... maybe more..

Comment

He told me he had all the stainless is in safe a place. As well as all the emblems and a bunch of other stuff. Not sure if what your refering to is included, but when I spoke to him, he did mention the stainless was included, but not pictured. Atti, did you receive my email regarding the contact information?

Comment

I did, thank you. Passed it right along. Still think the plan is retrieval this Saturday.

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
                Wonderful
                It just occurred to me that your sig is Horny in a Hearse from the Nekromantix - nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                  It just occurred to me that your sig is Horny in a Hearse from the Nekromantix - nice!
                  Haha "shallow graves and ghouls gone wild, she'll be cruisin down rt 66, 6 in style." Lol good eye yes I love nexromantix!

Comment

My buddy retrieved and I've already viewed. Rough but better than I was expecting to see - although that seems contradictory. Missing deck stainless was all in casket area.

Comment

^ I have a boner now.... Thanks.

Comment

Wow, I'd love to see some more pics of that one...

Comment

Glad it found a good home Atti. I was really intereseted but I jus don't think restoration was in the budget. Need to save up for what I really want. Would love to see more of it!!

Comment

I have a 51 Cad Flower car i am looking for a front windsheld and the right doors and some other parts user name is 4047 cb or hblovecraft@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Windshield is not commercial specific until '59. There were probably a couple different height factory windshields dependent on which roof (convertible/coupe/sedan or Fleetwood). Not hard to acquire.

Other parts are specific to coach builder, which you did not mention. Given rarity of flower cars, you may have better odds modifying doors from a like hearse/ambulance/combination.

Comment

Working...
                              X