No announcement yet.

'57 Superior Landaulet 602 sideloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol WOW! There's a lot of very nice and rare parts in those pics Atti...well done....the whole coach looks quite well preserved as of being complete. Wondering now if a trip to Canada is in my future.

Comment

Rotted pretty good down low. Missing parts include bumpers, grill, taillights, and air cleaner. '57/'58 CC Rear bumper is very difficult to find...took me over two years to come up with one for my '58.

Comment

1103111509.jpg1103111913.jpgI'm thinking this IS how the inside of a 50K mile 50's model Caddy engine should look.

Dismantling is going quite well and not a single stuck bolt so far...doors?...another story...all now open freely and the rear hatch is now completely off lol! Not an easy task removing when you cannot open it period. securedownload.jpg
        Last edited by Apostle; 11-04-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

1957 Superior Landault

I see you are trying to sell your car, but are you willing to part out? I'm needing the Superior emblems for my 1960 Pontiac Ambulance/Hearse.

Comment

Uh...Brian? The '57 this post was about not only sold but many updates from the new owner are in this thread.

The '57 in Ontario does not belong to me, since you were nonspecific.

General rule of thumb: Nobody in their right mind would part out a buildable car for such a paltry amount such as emblems. However, let me know (or put a wanted ad up) of the specific Superior emblems you need. I may have them. If not, someone else might.

'60 Superior Pontiac is a cool coach. We'd love to see it. Welcome to the NHAA.

Comment

Heads and intake are now off...thinking this is NOT what a '50's 50K mile engine should look like LOL! No worries though...numbers matching running engine from the "57 limo replacing this one...whew. After seeing the condition of the cylinders and valley tray,logic prompts me to question the condition of the bottom end. No amount of cleaning and scrubbing would ever get all of the goodies out...I'm thinking I'm better off just replacing it.
              I suppose it could be worse...at least it hasn't been labeled "Stinky Hearse" just yet. securedownload2.jpgsecuredownload.jpg
              Last edited by Apostle; 11-12-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

More pics for any of those interested...I only get a few hours here and there to mess with the coach,but is slowly coming apart steadily.securedownload5.jpgsecuredownload4.jpgsecuredownload3.jpgsecuredownload2.jpgsecuredownload.jpg

The pleasantly perplexed looking fella behind the wheel in the one shot is a GREAT friend of mine who's letting me do the project in his garage...along with providing proper supervision of course....He was a huge help lifting the 300lb rear doors off and out..."Cmon ya wimp" and "You need to have another beer" were his inspirational words. Great help is indeed hard to find...glad he's around.

Comment

Damn son!!!

Keep these updates coming! I'm forwarding to an interested party.

Comment

Get er done. I love the smell of a grinder in the morning.

Comment

Ever have the wrong car shipped to you?

'57 Superior combination arrived today! Long story short on this adventure....My shipper arrived to pick up the combo and instead of the white '57...the folks at the service center loaded him up with an almost pristine blue '67. Hadn't my shipper called to confirm with me upon his departure from Nebraska.... Tempting as it was and hoping my shipper was just screwing with me aside...the correct coach arrived. If anyone needs or wants excess parts when I am through picking mine from it...let me know and I'll see about pulling them off for you$(KGrHqZ,!l4E6Bm5uv4SBOpwWfcqfg~~60_3.jpg$(KGrHqYOKpsE6TDSLZGKBOoG2mZBug~~60_3.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!lQE6CImlldfBOpwWT3UZQ~~60_3.jpg. The 1 sole surviving piece of corner glass is spoken for.

Comment

I could use the driver door handle.

Would the passenger side tail light bracket be the same on a 58? (pot metal piece behind the tail light housing)

Comment

That bracket question is solid. I've never had them removed side by side to say definitively. Although the taillights themselves are different, they fit the same size body opening. Analytically I'll say bracket is same. Will verify this for you shortly.

Since '58 fins were first used on '55 Eldorado, '55-'56 Eldorado passenger taillight bracket will be the same as well. Fins on Eldos stayed similar through '58 but taillights changed considerably in '57.

Comment

Consulted a Cadillac expert. He agrees that although the taillight housings are different, brackets are the same between passenger car and CC from '57-'58 (and '55-'56 Eldo). Something like bumper brackets are vastly different from passenger car to CC.

Comment

Thanks Atti, I figured they would, but wasnt sure enough to shell out money and then find out they didnt fit..

Comment

0204121559.jpg0204121600.jpg
                                Finally finished producing the new rockers and sill plates for the coach. Aftermarket pieces were pretty much inferior so I thought something a little more substantial would work better.

The factory replacement is the lighter colored piece on the left "Anyone need a brand new pair for coach patches or for a four door?"...not pictured are the sill plates but they are the same gauge as the rockers. Pieces weigh about 30 lbs each and are 8 foot long LOL..Need to trim less than 2 inches off each one for proper length.

Now I just need to find a proper floor for the front and I can begin to take the body off for the start of the frame resto....Anyone know where new 57-58 front floors can be had and not just patch panels?

Comment

Working...
                                X