Also thinking about limited slip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also thinking about limited slip.

If anybody has ever been around me or my car when I can do a burnout, I will most certainly do one (and with a new trans and fuel system, this shouldn't be an issue). I'm tired of the one wheel peel though and want to get a limited slip going.

Does anybody have any idea where to begin? I'm pretty sure I'll need axles and a carrier, plus ring and worm - would it be easier/cheaper to just swap in a 9" or a Dana 60? Is it worth building a CC rear end?

The old Chrysler 8 3/4 is a great inexpensive rear end for up to 600 ftlbs
    Easy to find, cheaper parts than a 9"

Some off-road shops might be able to point you in a good direction also.
    4x4's certainly need LSD also

Comment

The most durable is a 9" Ford but they can get expensive setting up one with a "Detroit Locker" setup. It only disengages when turning... unlike a spool. Don't let anyone talk you into a spool Chris. They're cheap BUT they lock the axles together permanently. Awesome in a wild pro-street but terrible for a 6,000# hearse with stock axles!

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
        The most durable is a 9" Ford but they can get expensive setting up one with a "Detroit Locker" setup. It only disengages when turning... unlike a spool. Don't let anyone talk you into a spool Chris. They're cheap BUT they lock the axles together permanently. Awesome in a wild pro-street but terrible for a 6,000# hearse with stock axles!
        Good call on the spool - I drove a buddy's car that had one in it and vowed I would never do it again.

Comment

Working...
        X