472 Cadillac Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 472 Cadillac Radiator

New guy here. Great site. On the way to work, evidently the thermostat stuck and blew a hole in the radiator. Can I just use a radiator from Advance? It doesn't have AC so I was wondering if I can use the standard radiator or do I have to have the HD? Strapped for cash right now and need a ride to work, about 5 miles...

I'd see if there is a radiator shop that might just fix the one you got
    my last blow out cost me 12.00

Comment

it blew a whole out the front where the little fins are. I don't know if they can repair that...

Comment

I just bought the one off the shelf at parts store and had no probs.

Comment

I guess I should ask this as well. I do need to look for parts as a Fleetwood, correct?

Tony, did you get the $99 regular one or the $180 HD one? These are from Advance.

Comment

If the coach is an A/C delete, I would still go with the HD one, but I live in Texas. Heat is a bigger issue here than cold... Where are you located? What are your cooling requirements?

Comment

I'm in NC. The hearse didn't come with AC at all

Comment

I'm inclined to believe that if you don't sit in traffic a bunch, the regular duty radiator will suffice for now...

Comment

Mine was i think around $120, but it was for an AC car, from Autozone.

Comment

OK, I put in the regular radiator and everything seems fine. Any suggestions on adding a water temperature gauge?

Comment

I added three gauges, water temp., oil pressure, and voltage. I mounted them under the dash. You can buy a cheap set from Big Lots for around $13. I bought them for the gauge holder, I got my gauges off the internet.

Comment

Looks like I need to pull the AC to get to the temp solonoid to put a gauge. Anyone have Their's some where else?

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                          Looks like I need to pull the AC to get to the temp solonoid to put a gauge. Anyone have Their's some where else?
                          I bought a water temperature sensor adapter, for my temp gauge. All my gauges are electric. The sensor screws into the top of the adapter. You have to cut the upper radiator hose and use the adapter to reconnect it. Here is a picture of how one looks.
                          watersenderadapter.jpg

Comment

Where did you get that?

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
                              Where did you get that?
                              Bought one off ebay. Paid $23.25 shipping and all. I could have gotten one cheaper, but wanted a black one and wanted to buy from US seller, so the shipping was faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X