Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rollers, Pin/hole Plates, Bier Pins, Skid plates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollers, Pin/hole Plates, Bier Pins, Skid plates...

Hello!

I am pretty much looking for everything thats part of the "table" in the back of a hearse...all the rollers (ideally 10), the pin/hole plates (ideally 3 of the 10 hole ones), Bier pins (at least 1 adjustable and 1 stationary) and the skid plates (6-8).

Used is fine...all must be in good working order. I've seen some that I think came out of a Eureka branded hearse that on one side of he rollers came to a point that look really nice.

I am located in Ohio (near the OH, WV, PA border). Can travel a bit to pick up...or pay for shipping (depending on cost of the items and the shipping).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can you relay what year and coach builder you actually have?

And when you say table, do you mean an endloader? 'Cuz if you're missing that table parts it may be easier to find an intact table.

I definitely have nice bier pins here and may have rollers, bier tracks, and runners dependent on year range/coach builder. Should be driving right through your area later this week.

Comment

I apologize...I'm not up on all the exact hearse terminology. I could be wrong with calling it a table, but thats what I've seen the whole "contraption" called in various places.

Anyways...this may be a bit of a shock...but...its not actually for an actual car. Its for a hearse...but of the horse drawn variety!

Comment

Okay. A few more questions if you don't mind~

Is this a vintage horse drawn hearse? If so, how important is older floor hardware so it doesn't look out of place? Also if vintage, are horse drawn lamps on your list?

Comment

No problem...ask all the questions you need to! :-)

These will be for a caisson style hearse that we will be building. So it will be new...we already have the actual carriage body just not the caisson part of it (we already have lamps on it...not the big vintage style but still).

So as far as style it really doesn't have to fit a particular theme. As mentioned in my first post...we have kind of grown to like the Eureka kind (thats what we were told they were at least) that have the one side of the rollers go to a point. These look a little more fancy and such than a lot of what we've seen and might be ideal. I tried to find a picture of them again (I actually say a year or 2 old listing on here for these exact ones...but now I cannot find it again).

Comment

Yep. Those were my rollers. That floor set sold quickly.

Complete set like this doesn't turn up often. Still much easier to find that pre-1900 floor hardware! Little patience and they can be found.

Comment

That was them...I got all excited when it came up...until I looked at the date...and I was look shoot a year or 2 too late, haha.

It definitely doesn't seem like they do show up very often (as I've been searching for a while). And as I said...we don't have to have those...if we can find another decent looking set that we can use....we'll consider them (obviously we'd need to see pictures or something), but yeah. We just need something, haha!

Comment

You can buy everything from http://hearseparts.com/products.html. I don't know the price, but they have them. They have the rollers you are wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
                  You can buy everything from http://hearseparts.com/products.html. I don't know the price, but they have them. They have the rollers you are wanting.
                  I actually came across them first...and unfortunately for us...they're prices are way too much for us to afford. So we're going the used route as the prices I've seen for used sets are much more within our reach. Thanks for the info though! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                    Yep. Those were my rollers. That floor set sold quickly.

Complete set like this doesn't turn up often. Still much easier to find that pre-1900 floor hardware! Little patience and they can be found.
                    And since I had a great lesson in the Eureka rollers, I know that with the screw holes they are of the later version and not the early version - but were consistent even through the McPherson years.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                      Okay. A few more questions if you don't mind~

Is this a vintage horse drawn hearse? If so, how important is older floor hardware so it doesn't look out of place? Also if vintage, are horse drawn lamps on your list?
                      Just a side note...we were talking earlier about things...and I brought up about the lamps...and depending on all the x factors (price, shape,etc) we might be interested even though we already have some lights on it.

Comment

I would really like to see pics of this build, both the finished product and the actual build.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                          I would really like to see pics of this build, both the finished product and the actual build.
                          I'd have no problem sharing some with everyone!

Comment

Although I do have a large pair of original Cunningham horse drawn hearse lamps in nice shape, they are not by any means cheap.

Am open to partial trades however.

Comment

Yeah thats was the thing when it came to potentially using some of those type of lamps when we were making the actual carriage body. It was just too steep of an investment for us so we went in another direction. While they look awesome I wouldn't be able to offer you anything close to their value unfortunately. It never hurts to ask about things though.

Comment

Working...
                              X